Guess the team for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisted

Striker
Steel, Overseas, Burnham, Clark, Collingwood, Pringle, Richardson, Potts, Carse, Weighell, Rushworth

don't think there is much between richardson and poynter mind

Hickey, McCarthy and Gidman for Pringle ,Carse and Weighell for me.

you think hickey is better than pringle? think pringle's batting is better hickey will be an option as a top order bat for me.

mccarthy i thought of including until i remembered potts [sorry bob] but also i don't know what his international contract is going to mean for how much he can play. which gidman, will? an option i guess but i really rate carse, asssuming he can stay fit and get back to where he was

Steel, Overseas, Burnham, Clark, Collingwood, Pringle, Richardson, Potts, Carse, Weighell, Rushworth

Unfortunately I can see that being exactly that team for next season
Hopefully they can get Latham to sign..

I really dont know about the w/k as Richardson is the worst keeper we've had since Speight or even Fothergill and the edge he had on Poynter in the batting stakes has virtually disintegrated.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can see that being exactly that team for next season
Hopefully they can get Latham to sign..

I really dont know about the w/k as Richardson is the worst keeper we've had since Fothergill and the edge he had on Poynter in the batting stakes has virtually disintegrated.

agree. i think he'll get the nod to begin the season due to his experience then drop out, as happened with mustard a few years on the trot.

no idea what the NZ schedule looks like but aye, would love latham back

you think hickey is better than pringle? think pringle's batting is better hickey will be an option as a top order bat for me.

mccarthy i thought of including until i remembered potts [sorry bob] but also i don't know what his international contract is going to mean for how much he can play. which gidman, will? an option i guess but i really rate carse, asssuming he can stay fit and get back to where he was
Pringle's has been a regular for at least 2 years and is yet to convince with either bat or ball. Just think Hickey deserves a run in that role. As to McCarthy it's in Ireland's interest that he plays as much 1at class cricket as possible. Carse is like Coughlin,good player but injury prone.

Hickey, McCarthy and Gidman for Pringle ,Carse and Weighell for me.

What do you know that I don't?

f***ing Groundhog Day this bastard. It's like the Surrey stooges leaving all over again.

Anyway, here goes, might aswell indulge:

Latham
Steel
Clark
Burnham
Collingwood
Richardson
Pringle
Weighell
Carse
Rushworth
Onions (I do think he'll stay, but then what the fuck do I know?).

Last edited:
Pringle's has been a regular for at least 2 years and is yet to convince with either bat or ball. Just think Hickey deserves a run in that role. As to McCarthy it's in Ireland's interest that he plays as much 1at class cricket as possible. Carse is like Coughlin,good player but injury prone.

only really had two problems, although it was the dreaded side strain. a stress fracture in his foot is a different issue, coughlin had endless niggles, time will tell with carse.

pringle i think has had an ok season with bat, think similar to richardson, next season he'll start as the man in possession of the spot but will have to show development and reliability or face losing his spot to hickey.

probably i'd give hickey the one day games to showcase his talents.

easy being a cricket boss like

f***ing Groundhog Day this bastard. It's like the Surrey stooges leaving all over again.

Anyway, here goes, might aswell indulge:

hush brandy, i know you're looking forward to next season when we're planning for life after pringle, carse & burnham

Gidman is a canny turn. I'd expect us to sign 2 players from the Jennings/Coughlin wage. Would like to see Ben Raine tempted to come back and as I've said previously, Graham Clark to get in the ear of his brother. Possibly a Kolpak number 8 to sign too although it pains me to say it.

Was sat there today thinking more or less the very same thing, he's neither a batsman nor a bowler of any note is he?

Gidman is a canny turn. I'd expect us to sign 2 players from the Jennings/Coughlin wage. Would like to see Ben Raine tempted to come back and as I've said previously, Graham Clark to get in the ear of his brother. Possibly a Kolpak number 8 to sign too although it pains me to say it.

I don't think Ben Raine will come back. I don't think he feels he was treated very well by Durham previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back