Guardiola pleads with City fans to make some noise

Paid loads of money mate so therefore aren't human and don't react to encouragement and that.... Fans have zero bearing on a game.... Home advantage is just a made up thing....
Exactly marra. Pep's just deluding himself. What does he know anyway? Surely he could just be a better coach or buy better players?

There are loads of reasons for this, you can't put your finger on one reason.
I'm not going to knock City fans, they went through the mill a bit like us, but i'm surprised they're struggling to sell out a Champions League quarter final against Spurs.
It just shows how attitudes and expectations can change.

They were shit at Wembley too, so I'm not having this nonsensical row with UEFA used as an excuse for them. They are poor, Portsmouth (and us) put them to shame comparatively.

I notice that criticising man city fans is now the in thing to do

pretty embarrassing if you ask me.

They were shit at Wembley too, so I'm not having this nonsensical row with UEFA used as an excuse for them. They are poor, Portsmouth (and us) put them to shame comparatively.

Nonsense, they've been to Wembley like 8 times in 2 seasons man.

I notice that criticising man city fans is now the in thing to do

pretty embarrassing if you ask me.

Nonsense, they've been to Wembley like 8 times in 2 seasons man.

Fine, compare like for like. Liverpool have seen plenty of European nights like the one City have tonight - roughly the same recently and many more historically. Will tonight sound like Anfield? Will it even sound like Old f***ing Trafford? No. Hence why Pep is twisting. He can't understand it.

They are weak. I lived in Manchester for six years or so too and the idea City have the bigger and more rooted fanbase is another myth about them, spun because they had ill-luck like ours. They don't - as any one who has had the misfortune to encounter United's away lot will testify too.

They're not a big club tbh.

Last edited:
Given how little ticket sales seem to count these days they should definitely give over large areas of the stadium to working class fans and encourage attendance with things like cheap prices, travel included or a drink included. Hopefully safe standing is on the horizon too. They can keep expensive hospitality etc but if they want noise and atmosphere then they need to get the proletariat consistently through the gates in large numbers

Fine, compare like for like. Liverpool have seen plenty of European nights like the one City have tonight - roughly the same recently and many more historically. Will tonight sound like Anfield? Will it even sound like Old f***ing Trafford? No.

They are weak. I lived in Manchester for six years or so too and the idea City have the bigger and more rooted fanbase is another myth about them, spun because they had ill-luck like ours. They don't - as any one who has had the misfortune to encounter United's away lot will testify too.

They're not a big club tbh.

Yeah they are, if they aren't then neither are us the mags or everton.

Yeah they are, if they aren't then neither are us the mags or everton.

Everton definitely bigger.

Would be tempted to say us and the mags are too.

Villa as well. West Ham maybe too.

But that's definitely the group they are in. Can't compare them to likes of United, Liverpool, Spurs even.

People who've lived in Manchester know the locals split there about 70-30 United. Maybe a tad harsh, but not far off.

Given how little ticket sales seem to count these days they should definitely give over large areas of the stadium to working class fans and encourage attendance with things like cheap prices, travel included or a drink included. Hopefully safe standing is on the horizon too. They can keep expensive hospitality etc but if they want noise and atmosphere then they need to get the proletariat consistently through the gates in large numbers

Yes, but the point surely is that's its absolutely gobsmacking they need to do this to attract people to a European Cup quarter-final?

Last edited:
Do you think someone it is just as likely to have the same upbringing as you now, and if so are they still just as likely to make the same racket you did?
Young lads together made up the bulk of the noise at RP. Young lads don't get that chance now so we'll never know.

But that's definitely the group they are in. Can't compare them to likes of United, Liverpool, Spurs even.

People who've lived in Manchester know the locals split there about 70-30 United. Maybe a tad harsh, but not far off.

Yes, but the point surely is that's its absolutely gobsmacking they need to do this to attract people to a European Cup quarter-final?

no way west ham are bigger than man city like, strange statement

Utter nonsense. Whether you like it or not City are now a bigger club than any of those you mention.

Utter nonsense. Whether you like it or not City are now a bigger club than any of those you mention.

Now doing a lot of work in that sentence.

I mean of course they are if contemporary success comes into, global standing and all that. Kids in Shanghai are not arsed about the us or the mags, I fully accept that. But I think in terms of their pre-emirati history, domestic fanbase, standing, all that difficult to measure stuff? You think they're a bigger club than Everton? Really? Ok.

It's still unbelievable they can't sell out a Champions League quarter-final without giving the tickets away. Hope Spurs send them packing.

Besides, do you mean any club I mentioned? Like United, Spurs, Liverpool? My main contention is that they are not in this top echelon and they aren't.

Globally, the big clubs in England are Arsenal, Liverpool, United and - at a push - Chelsea. They are not in that league and I think they are probably behind Spurs too, because Son is a huge star and Spurs are bigger historically.

Last edited:
I'm not going to knock City fans, they went through the mill a bit like us, but i'm surprised they're struggling to sell out a Champions League quarter final against Spurs.
It has sold out. Cheapest tickets were £45.

4th trip to Wembley coming up (5th if you include the league game).

Now doing a lot of work in that sentence.

I mean of course they are if contemporary success comes into, global standing and all that. Kids in Shanghai are not arsed about the us or the mags, I fully accept that. But I think in terms of their pre-emirati history, domestic fanbase, standing, all that difficult to measure stuff? You think they're a bigger club than Everton? Really? Ok.

It's still unbelievable they can't sell out a Champions League quarter-final without giving the tickets away. Hope Spurs send them packing.

Besides, do you mean any club I mentioned? Like United, Spurs, Liverpool? My main contention is that they are not in this top echelon and they aren't.

Globally, the big clubs in England are Arsenal, Liverpool, United and - at a push - Chelsea. They are not in that league and I think they are probably behind Spurs too, because Son is a huge star and Spurs are bigger historically.
No.
West Ham etc
(us FFS :lol:)

Tickets are £50-£60 on general sale so that might put a good number of people off

Whats this bullshit with ckubs booing the champions league anthem???

Its absolutely class

Sure city fans had all booked flights hotels for an away champions league game then .uefa changed it to behind closed doors costing there fans a small fortune for a game they couldn't attend

Sorry just seen prev posts ignore me

Back