Guardiola pleads with City fans to make some noise

dangermows

Striker
"The players are proud of what they have achieved, but they are human beings. At this stage, without supporters, we cannot go through. We need it. I am interested to see how the supporters can react".

Apparently Pep has concerns about lack of atmosphere, particularly for Champions League games, where ticket sales are down and fans boo the champions league anthem befote kick off.

"The players are proud of what they have achieved, but they are human beings.

At this stage, without supporters, we cannot go through. We need it. I am interested to see how the supporters can react".

Apparently Pep has concerns about lack of atmosphere, particularly for Champions League games, where ticket sales are down and fans boo the champions league anthem befote kick off.

So much for those people who say players aren't affected by the crowd and should be professional enough to just get on with it.

It makes you think, what’s the end goal for football. I’d love to see us win a proper cup, the FA Cup. We’re realistically never going to win the league. We got into the Premier League & it got a bit shit towards the end, always swimming against the tide.

If a team’s supporters who could potentially win 4 of the biggest trophies out this year can’t get motivated, when can you. Man City historically have a loud & passionate support. Has money killed it. Will it come back if they’re shit?

If loud supporters are so important why have many clubs priced out the type of supporter that make a good noise?
Very good point

There are loads of reasons for this, you can't put your finger on one reason.
I'm not going to knock City fans, they went through the mill a bit like us, but i'm surprised they're struggling to sell out a Champions League quarter final against Spurs.
It just shows how attitudes and expectations can change.

Yes based on the noise generated by smaller crowds 40 years ago when a good percentage of The Fulwell and other home ends was made up from 13-25 year olds who will have been in the lower income bracket.

If that is the case then perhaps low income folk should become quieter and see their wealth increase.

Possibly got more to do with how the fans who go and their lives have changed and what is socially acceptable.

The one real definable trend that coincides with reducing atmosphere at stadiums is all seater venues. Having experienced 20 years of all seater stadiums and 30 years of mixed stadiums I'd be inclined to point the finger at this as the reason without a doubt.

Oh, and the soft as shite, easily offended, gender confused, like obsessed social media generation playing with their phones during games ;)

no offence but there are threads every week here saying the same bout your own fans?

ours can be the same, football has changed not just Man City
This really. People can't get their head around the fact that football and football fans are different to those of the 70s and 80s. When I was a kid going to the games with my dad it was an all day event, few pints in the derby with his mates while we played football in the back lane, off to the fulwell end then back to the pub after the game and home for about 8. Nowadays people turn up at quarter to 3, buy a pie and coffee and sit in their seat. Added to the fact it's practically a non contact sport and the whole event is different. It won't ever be like it was in the good old days again.

Back