GTA VI Confirmed.

Honestly, good. Could have done with one in GTA V imo.

Should do a saints row and let you customise your protagonist.

I hope it's a female version of Trevor rather than a Tomb Raider style lass.
Trevor as a lass could have been class. :lol:

Would have both capitulated to and outraged feminazi types in equal measure.

Last edited:
I'm actually quite surprised if this is true because Rockstar don't usually cater to the woke squad. They even used racist dialog in RDR2.

I'm actually quite surprised if this is true because Rockstar don't usually cater to the woke squad. They even used racist dialog in RDR2.
It's hardly woke having a female protagonist. :lol:

Let's be honest, they'll be pissed because it won't be the type of female they think it should be.

There's been what, 8 protagonists that have actual personalities through the games? Stick a bird in, will make a decent change.

It's hardly woke having a female protagonist. :lol:

Let's be honest, they'll be pissed because it won't be the type of female they think it should be.

There's been what, 8 protagonists that have actual personalities through the games? Stick a bird in, will make a decent change.

probably more risky putting a lass in for that reason ha

It will work for the GTAV style where each character has their own story.

Where it doesn't work so well is in games where there is one storyline for one character. It's almost mandatory to have a female option now, but this actually makes the game more expensive and time consuming to make, and/or lowers the quality of the story.

This is firstly because all of the dialogue and voice acting has to be done twice - not just two versions of your main character, but all of the interactions with other characters have to be done twice or done in a "gender neutral" way, and nobody actually talks like that in real life.

It can also limit the story or make it less meaningful, stories that work for a man/boy don't always work for a woman/girl, and vice versa.

None of this will affect GTA though so long as they use a similar approach as in GTAV, so it will be fine. For story driven games where you play as one character I wish they'd just stick to having that character as either male or female though.

It will work for the GTAV style where each character has their own story.

Where it doesn't work so well is in games where there is one storyline for one character. It's almost mandatory to have a female option now, but this actually makes the game more expensive and time consuming to make, and/or lowers the quality of the story.

This is firstly because all of the dialogue and voice acting has to be done twice - not just two versions of your main character, but all of the interactions with other characters have to be done twice or done in a "gender neutral" way, and nobody actually talks like that in real life.

It can also limit the story or make it less meaningful, stories that work for a man/boy don't always work for a woman/girl, and vice versa.

None of this will affect GTA though so long as they use a similar approach as in GTAV, so it will be fine. For story driven games where you play as one character I wish they'd just stick to having that character as either male or female though.
It wouldn't be suitable for every game, but your sandbox type like most of what Ubisoft do or GTA would be fine.

In general voice actors get paid peanuts mate, sticking a female option in isn't causing an issue for AAA games. They don't do it because they can't be arsed for the most part.

Saints row 3 & 4 had 6 different voice actors for the Boss. 3 blokes, 3 lasses, different lines etc for each character type.

It wouldn't be suitable for every game, but your sandbox type like most of what Ubisoft do or GTA would be fine.

In general voice actors get paid peanuts mate, sticking a female option in isn't causing an issue for AAA games. They don't do it because they can't be arsed for the most part.

Saints row 3 & 4 had 6 different voice actors for the Boss. 3 blokes, 3 lasses, different lines etc for each character type.

Yeah it depends on the game. Some pay a fortune for voice acting, most obvious example is Cyberpunk and Keanu Reeves. And in that game everyone no one ever refers to you as him/her/he/she.

Yeah it depends on the game. Some pay a fortune for voice acting, most obvious example is Cyberpunk and Keanu Reeves. And in that game everyone no one ever refers to you as him/her/he/she.
Reeves isn't a voice actor, he's a Hollywood actor and will get paid accordingly.

He probably made as much as a prolific voice actors net worth for cyberpunk, if not more.

People not referring to you as him/her/he/she in cyberpunk will be a stylistic choice by CDPR, its not been an issue many games. Fallout and the elder scrolls off the top of my head.

I couldn't imagine picking Jolene at the beginning of the last of us and having the same experience. In many, many, games the playable character is a blank slate though, why not have a lass?

Belter - was expecting another version to be announced for PS5 etc.
It's going to be TLOU2 all over again isn't it? Bad reviews and lots of criticism for no other reason than people equating female to being woke 🤦‍♀️

I avoided reviews for spoilers and that, only finished it a few weeks back. Had a look after and some of the comments from these whoppers, man.

Terrified of lasses stabbing mushroomy looking lads and lasses.

Last edited:

Back