GT5's latest news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiler

Striker
Er, this is ridiculous now, dynamic weather with weather reports that aren't always correct (they must've developed that with the met office), rally events will be on randomly created roads forcing you to rely on your co-pilots notes and The Stig challenges. More info' and vids on the links below

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-tgs-2010-breakout-session-full-details/

not great pic quality on this but you get an idea of the rain and snow
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSXZLJmLimI&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

official TGS trailer
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN6ggDfaBJ0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

As the time comes closer to the game being released, I have a feeling that this could well become one of the biggest flops ever in the gaming world.

It'll probably be class like, but I do get a slight feeling that it's not going to be nearly as good as it's being built up to be.

As the time comes closer to the game being released, I have a feeling that this could well become one of the biggest flops ever in the gaming world.

It'll probably be class like, but I do get a slight feeling that it's not going to be nearly as good as it's being built up to be.

Same. That crash damage video just made me wonder what the fuck went wrong, it looked terrible.

It'll be class don't worry. The biggest worry will be too many options, set ups etc. May pit off casual gamers. I think it'll be up there with the greatest games ever made.

It'll be class don't worry. The biggest worry will be too many options, set ups etc. May pit off casual gamers. I think it'll be up there with the greatest games ever made.

The only driving game I've completed is GT5 Prologue, I've pre-ordered this and I'm wondering how the hell I'll tackle the game - it seems so big.

I can't even get my head around the tuning options in Prologue, the stuff in GT5 looks more confounding :confused:.

Hopefully the lads round here will share some tips and maybe set up some gentle online racing.

The photos and videos of this game look so beautiful, I could probably get my money's worth just oggling the dealerships.

The only driving game I've completed is GT5 Prologue, I've pre-ordered this and I'm wondering how the hell I'll tackle the game - it seems so big.

I can't even get my head around the tuning options in Prologue, the stuff in GT5 looks more confounding :confused:.

Hopefully the lads round here will share some tips and maybe set up some gentle online racing.

The photos and videos of this game look so beautiful, I could probably get my money's worth just oggling the dealerships.

I've never bothered with the tuning of cars to make them slightly faster apart from on previous games you would hoy a new turbo in or have some other modification done which would make the car faster or handle better which required absolutely no technical expertise at all. With regards to completing the game, I very much doubt many people will manage that. They started to introduce endurance races on previous games and some of them were 24 hours (you could let the console take over the driving) and very few people ever managed that. We'll have to wait and see to understand what will be required to complete the single player but it does sound huge.

I can't wait to see how the online works as well, it sounds very very good.

The variation of cars is just mind boggling and it looks like the amount of tracks will be ridiculous as well

The rain effects on the inside car view look stunning. External camera, and they look pretty poor. Fortunately I never use the chase cameras. Usually bumper or cockpit for me.

I've never bothered with the tuning of cars to make them slightly faster apart from on previous games you would hoy a new turbo in or have some other modification done which would make the car faster or handle better which required absolutely no technical expertise at all.

Missing out on a sizeable chunk of the game by not tuning! It's amazing how much quicker you can make your cars with setup changes. If it's anything like Forza, they will be vital for online racing. A good car setup can be the difference between first and second. High downforce for twisty tracks, low downforce for tracks with plenty of straights etc.

High downforce for twisty tracks, low downforce for tracks with plenty of straights etc.

I picked that up from listening to the F1 pundits on tv but don't know the tuning options to achieve it.

On GT5p, I copied someone's recommended tune for the Corvette and I was able to complete the 700pp races in S Class.

Tuning obviously works, I couldn't pass a car with the stock motors I had.

I tried the Mines and couldn't get it to steer round the corners at Fuji :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back