Groups you would like to reform

Can’t argue with the original post
The Smiths are the only band I would go to see if they reformed
I saw them a few times back in the day and they were always brilliant

I saw 15 gigs on the Heaven Up Here tour - they were at the top of their game on that tour

I’ve resisted the temptation to go see them in recent years as I feel it would tarnish the memories I have of them at their peak

Pete was the best live drummer I’ve ever witnessed - some of his performances of songs like Over The Wall I saw were sublime

The band were never the same without him in my opinion
The one line up I would love to see again would be Siouxsie and the Banshees circa 1981 with McGeoch, Severin and Budgie

I saw both NCH gigs they played that year and they’re both imprinted in my brain
I saw em at NCH on that tour. Superb. Saw em a couple of years back and they were a shadow of their former selves.

The feller next doors gane to see The Psychedelic Furs at The Roundhouse tonight. Tickets were gone before I knew they were on.
Wouldn't half mind seeing that line up of the Banshees either, as McGeochs no longer with us mebbe fat Bob to stand in again?
Could he stand in for a Magazine set anarl?

Last edited:
The La's did 're-form' many times. I saw them originally at Newcastle Uni and Middlebrough Town Hall and then twice more with different line-ups (at Riverside in 95 and Sheffield Leadmill in 2005). I missed Mavers at Sunderland due to thinking it was pointless as the fucker plays the same old material. Such a frustratingly talented bloke. His voice is shot now anyway - don't mind John Power these days, although the later Cast stuff is pretty garbage (they were only ever average anyway). But I agree, they'd be shite if they re-formed now!
I think I’ve got more La’s bootlegs than any other band. For a band that’s nivver released a proper album they’ve got some back catalogue!

I saw em at NCH on that tour. Superb. Saw em a couple of years back and they were a shadow of their former selves.

The feller next doors gane to see The Psychedelic Furs at The Roundhouse tonight. Tickets were gone before I knew they were on.

Could he stand in for a Magazine set anarl?

I could never make my mind up about the Furs - they should have been massive but they never quite hit the spot for me

Thought nobody was going to say Talking Heads...

Gene as well for me
Saw Talking Heads at NCH in 1979 iirc. Great. They’d be on my list of reformers who actually could reform.
Saw Gene accidentally at Kentish Town Forum accidentally. Pubs were shut and their was an indie disco neet on Saturdays.....awful. Paul Weller impressionist on guitar was just strange.

I could never make my mind up about the Furs - they should have been massive but they never quite hit the spot for me
First albums great. After that they may as well have been a different band. Record company pointed them at the US market which they now admit was a big big mistake. More great songs on each side of their first album than the rest of their career put together.
Knock a playlist up of the first album, pretty in pink, love my way, heaven and Mac The Knife and you don’t need owt else. I think?. Yes THAT Mac The Knife.
1/ Roxy Music.
2/ Talking Heads.
3/ Dexys Midnight Runners.
4/ Stranglers.
5/ Television.
6/ Psychedelic Furs
7/ Smiths
8/ Human League
9/ Pontoons
10/ R.E.M.
11/ La’s
12/ Adverts.
13/ Jam.

I think all members of these are still alive. Barring the original bassist in Roxy Music who left very early and was replaced by session players.

Last edited:
I think I’ve got more La’s bootlegs than any other band. For a band that’s nivver released a proper album they’ve got some back catalogue!

Aye, used to have all official releases including some rarer stuff (for short of them a while back). Also had quite a lot of downloaded bootleg tracks but a lot has since come out officially now anyway.

First albums great. After that they may as well have been a different band. Record company pointed them at the US market which they now admit was a big big mistake. More great songs on each side of their first album than the rest of their career put together.
Knock a playlist up of the first album, pretty in pink, love my way, heaven and Mac The Knife and you don’t need owt else. I think?. Yes THAT Mac The Knife.
1/ Roxy Music.
2/ Talking Heads.
3/ Dexys Midnight Runners.
4/ Stranglers.
5/ Television.
6/ Psychedelic Furs
7/ Smiths
8/ Human League
9/ Pontoons
10/ R.E.M.
11/ La’s
12/ Adverts.
13/ Jam.

I think all members of these are still alive. Barring the original bassist in Roxy Music who left very early and was replaced by session players.
Some list that. Except Pontoons who I've never heard of. Mind I've seen Human League and Dexys in the last 10 years. Both great.
I'd add Flowered Up but half of them are dead.
Aye, used to have all official releases including some rarer stuff (for short of them a while back). Also had quite a lot of downloaded bootleg tracks but a lot has since come out officially now anyway.
Is that avatar for Shack the band of my dad's favourite player in the pic. Or both?

Last edited:

Back