Grizzly Bear Cubs and Me

Well, not literally me but wildlife camerman and all round nice man Gordon Buchanan. First episode was on last night, second and last tonight. About orphaned bears being rehabilitated in Russia so they can live in the wild. Absolutely lovely TV so far...
We watched last night's first episode. Tremendous to watch. Great TV.

That wrestling match for leadership was amazing. They were properly going for it...
Yep it was...and I predicted the wrong cub to 'win' :lol::lol: Typical.:lol:

watched this too.would love a bear cub like:cool:

I’ve got one. His name is Ted, he is a golden grizzly bear.
That’s him on my Avatar.

I got something in my eye at the end when Pascha looked back... of course, the narration is added retrospectively so the two with the most exciting stories become central characters but still really lovely TV. Gordon Buchanan may quietly be becoming one of the new Attenboroughs.

Yesterday in our front garden just when it was getting dark a deer was walking on our front lawn and started to eat a few leaves off the bushes.
Was in the garden for 5 minutes amongst the shrubs. At least we now think we know what has been shredding the bark off the dead tree stump.
Love wild nature.

Last edited:
I’ve got one. His name is Ted, he is a golden grizzly bear.
That’s him on my Avatar.

Yesterday in our front garden just when it was getting dark a deer was walking on our front lawn and started to eat a few leaves off the bushes.
Was in the garden for 5 minutes amongst the shrubs. At least we now think we know what has been shredding the bark off the dead tree stump.
Love wild nature.

I've had them in the garden before. Munching on the bamboo when the ground has had a snow cover

was class...he has done some really good stuff in the last few years

the one where he went to Mongolia to live with the tribesmen who still hunt with eagles was brilliant

I still rewatch lost land of the jaguar or the lost land of the volcano if they are on the telly..love an expedition me. its brilliant they can set up camp and find like 3 new species within ten yards of the tent

Love wild nature.
If you want any more I'll send 'em round.

Logon or register to see this image

Last night it was odd when Buchanan and the Russky woman were talking to the bear hunter.

They should have asked him why he kills the bears.

Must have been upsetting lavishing all that love on orphaned cubs, then being with a bloke who gets his kicks from killing bears.

If you want any more I'll send 'em round.

Logon or register to see this image

That is superb. My Mrs (no) would have her camera out at every opportunity.
I guess they have become rather tame.

I've had them in the garden before. Munching on the bamboo when the ground has had a snow cover

That is what he may have been munching on then.

Last night it was odd when Buchanan and the Russky woman were talking to the bear hunter.

They should have asked him why he kills the bears.

Must have been upsetting lavishing all that love on orphaned cubs, then being with a bloke who gets his kicks from killing bears.
I suspect its just the reality of where they live, they wont be shot for kicks..it will be for meat and fur. they eat bears up there. its not trophy hunting, its subsistence living

and like they said the hunters are less likely to shoot the tagged bears as they know here they have come from

looked an amazing place..miles and miles of bugger all, empty homes with coats still hanging up and photos on the wall

I suspect its just the reality of where they live, they wont be shot for kicks..it will be for meat and fur. they eat bears up there. its not trophy hunting, its subsistence living

and like they said the hunters are less likely to shoot the tagged bears as they know here they have come from

looked an amazing place..miles and miles of bugger all, empty homes with coats still hanging up and photos on the wall

Seems logical. I didn't know they eat bear meat. I'd hate to think they were trophy hunting, which I abhor.

Sunderlands version is me catching a rat the sized of a cat last night at work and transporting it into the wild to set it free ,it was going mental !!

Back