Grigg travelling home from Gillingham alone

Players do travel back on their own sometimes and often depends where they live. Met one of ours on train back from Exeter this season.
Michael Doughty lives in London. Intelligent bloke and a very rich man indeed.

He was seen getting the train home with a Dominoes pizza.

How disjointed is this team.
Why isn’t he travelling home with the rest of the team?

That might seem like a negative but it could be a positive.

Maybe he has family down there and with a day or two off after the game he can go and visit them? If you had a meeting in London on a Friday and your parents lived there, would you maybe stay down for the weekend and visit them and still be back at work on the Monday?

I remember being on a train back from an away game with Sunderland and the Boro team were on the same train after an away game at QPR. We went down the carraige to see if we could talk to Julio, but were told they had allowed him to stay in London to visit family. I suspect its far more common than fans realise and not a sign of any issues at all.

Personally, I could not care less who travelled where and when or what fast food option they chose. I just want my footbal team to look like a unit again and be competetive rather than a disintersted depressed rabble.

Did ya ask him why he can't do what he has done everywhere else at this level and score some f***ing goals.

I wouldn't be getting on any train if there was a chance I could bump into a pissed fan when doing so shite. Even if the fan is the nicest bloke in the world and doesn't call ya shit ya bound to get asked some awkward questions about squad moral, cliques, the manager, why ya so shite, do ya give a fuck, no but really why dont ya give a fuck?

He's been shit like, but having no support from midfield and having balls drilled about ten miles over his head probably isn't helping. Other clubs probably played decent football, got on the front foot and created chances. He should be doing better, but certainly in recent weeks he's been absolutely starved of anything resembling service and has at least been putting a decent effort in

Grigg still lives in the north west. Saw him in August In a supermarket in Cheshire on a Sunday after a home Saturday game. Doesn’t look like he’s that keen on Sunderland

Back