Grigg - proxy striker

How’s it any easier a life? The consensus seems to be he cares more or is trying harder there, neither of which sound easier.
Met him in the hotel lift after the EFL final. Looked a loner. Rest of squad together despite losing. Blamed his ankle. Jack Ross could have done more to integrate him like LJ seems to be managing. His family are all based further south and he has not made the commitment to SAFC. Footballers need to feel wanted and despite the price tag he didnt.

He just didn't want to be here mate, and it showed in his performances. He had more than enough simple chances to score, doesn't get any easier than an open goal from 2 yards out.
This for me, hope he gets another 20 and we get a bit money back for him. I think he has another year left on his contract, just don't let him anywhere near our club again.

Off main topic, but Grigg related: Google results for Saturday match no longer uses "Gulick"

Google's database finally corrected, even old matches (their win 4-0 vs Man United in 2014) has Will Grigg as goal scorer for the brace.

I was always supportive of him and wanted things to go well for him here. It didn’t work out and he’s been moved on. As supporters we need to move on from the negative energy of former players. There’s been years of negative surrounding the club. Things are looking up, let’s do the same.

You'd have said the said same about Charlie Wyke 2 months ago mate.
I would but, unlike Grigg, he’s applied himself and obviously had some good coaching and the difference in him is phenomenal. It’s not just his goal tally either, his all round game has improved almost beyond measure. I’m delighted to have been wrong about him. The biggest difference between the two is attitude.

Am only saying he isn't shit ffs :D :D :D . I'd have had the same people going mental at me for saying 'The Wykester' wasn't shit a couple of months ago!
A few reasons why Wyke was never an issue and Grigg was. I think most fans will agree that he is a good striker at this level. For us he was abysmal.

Grigg was the big budget replacement for our top goal scorer. He didn’t hit the ground running, but the fans still sang his name in pure desperation. He slumped around the pitch and there was a notable drop off in effort. When Sunderland fans see a lack of effort that’s never going to end well. Especially for what we paid for him.

Wyke is different. He cost us about half a million quid (still decent coin but not huge) and always grafted his nuts off. We had no expectation and most fans thought he just had limited ability. This year, we are playing to his strengths and he has massively improved his fitness levels. Think how people view O’Brien now and that was the opinion of Wyke before Christmas.

Big Charlie has his qualities but are restricted to the odd high ball to nudge in....he is crap with his feet ( 3 skied attempts last game, when he should have at least hit the target) but unfortunately Grigg simply doesn't play the same game or gel together with the big lad as both opportunistists I different ways.

He's a snivelling little shit.

He's decided to play again because he's some where he wants to be.

Lack of effort and professionalism whilst with us meant he couldn't be arsed to perform. Add him to a long line of shit c.unts like Rodwell, Djilo and Kone who, when it got tough, downed tools, collected his cash for fuck all effort

This is the crux of it. He simply didn't want to be here and showed it

Will Gregg burnt to a crisp. Just managed to score, he just did not want to play here.

Shame on you lad. Good wages paid too. Hate professional players like him.

Back