Grigg - proxy striker

mistyped an 'r' into the title there. Manages elsewhere, can't hit a ball cleanly here, manages elsewhere. I don't accept formations explain it with the chances he had here. At least Rodwell stayed off the pitch.
I don’t think it’s deliberate with Grigg as such, a combination of low confidence, lack of true professionalism and motivation. They’re all inexcusable but not to the degree of clearly feigning injury or refusal to play.

Big fish, small pond
Doesn't want to be in the north east of England
Didn't want to be sold to us in the first place, and never got over it?

All perfectly plausible reasons.
I think it's plausible he prefers or at least copes better, being at a smaller club with less pressure to perform. I don't think that means he didn't try here or didn't want to be here.

It's possible he never wanted to come but if he didn't want to come so badly that he wasn't going to try and sulk the whole time then why sign at all?

I guess we will never know, my take is that he felt the pressure of the big club, expectation, big fee when he didn't hit the ground running it hit his confidence, as did not being main man and in and out of the team.

Big fish, small pond
Doesn't want to be in the north east of England
Didn't want to be sold to us in the first place, and never got over it?

All perfectly plausible reasons.
If he had a pair of balls, he wouldn't have signed the contract to come to us. He's never wanted to be at SAFC.
Got sod all to do with formations, lets face it, we must have tried most of them in the book since he arrived.
As some else said, if you can't score from a yard or two out with the whole goal to score into, and still manage to get it past the far post, you're heart isn't in it and the effort is minimal.

I think it's plausible he prefers or at least copes better, being at a smaller club with less pressure to perform. I don't think that means he didn't try here or didn't want to be here.

It's possible he never wanted to come but if he didn't want to come so badly that he wasn't going to try and sulk the whole time then why sign at all?

I guess we will never know, my take is that he felt the pressure of the big club, expectation, big fee when he didn't hit the ground running it hit his confidence, as did not being main man and in and out of the team.
I always got the feeling he had no say. Once the price was agreed, he was kicked out the door.
Could be wrong of course, but you hear about it happening all the time.
But I agree with your last piece as well. Combination of many factors.

If, as a player, you can't motivate to play well in that stadium, whether it be full or not, you're in the wrong game.

Absolute bollocks about formations to suit him etc etc. The bloke shouldn't have ever wore an SAFC shirt, another Donald fuck up.

On topic, how many 'assets' did he strip to finance that deal? Made John Cooke redundant?

I see your point but are you really bringing up a kit man?

I don’t think it’s deliberate with Grigg as such, a combination of low confidence, lack of true professionalism and motivation. They’re all inexcusable but not to the degree of clearly feigning injury or refusal to play.

It's a bad comparison, no one hopefully will ever match Rodwell. I was just conscious of all the fluffed tap ins that Grigg had which are obviously nothing to do with formation etc. But you are absolutely right.

Am only saying he isn't shit ffs :D :D :D . I'd have had the same people going mental at me for saying 'The Wykester' wasn't shit a couple of months ago!

Based purely on the evidence of his time here, there hasn't been a poorer striker at this club - Wyke was very very poor for much of his time here, but you'll struggle to find anyone suggesting he was poorer than Graham or Grigg other than in frustration when the G-string hadn't been getting game time and Wyke was struggling.

Based purely on the evidence of his time here, there hasn't been a poorer striker at this club - Wyke was very very poor for much of his time here, but you'll struggle to find anyone suggesting he was poorer than Graham or Grigg other than in frustration when the G-string hadn't been getting game time and Wyke was struggling.

Who's 'the G-string'? :lol:

Back