Grigg man, ffs ...

I’ve stuck up for him loads but he completely took the piss today. All he had to do was cover ground and close down today, couldn’t have looked less interested. I suspect he’s another Sunderland waste of money. Why can’t we make big signings which come good? Such a shame.

To be fair, he's never been a bloke who puts himself about nor does he show much emotion on the pitch. The problem is that he isn't scoring goals - if he was then we wouldn't give a fuck about how he looks on the pitch

Not sure like. First five games or so he pelted about the pitch constantly, that's the most frustrating thing.

... do yourself a favour.

92 minutes, you're fresh on and Portsmouth are passing it along their back line.

So you're strolling between them with no urgency when we're defending a slender lead.

Your manager has put his neck on the block by defending you, including you and putting you on the pitch.

And the supporters clapped you onto the pitch which, on recent displays, you've barely deserved.

If you don't want to be here just spit it out and we can have you gone in January.
Nail on head ^

... do yourself a favour.

92 minutes, you're fresh on and Portsmouth are passing it along their back line.

So you're strolling between them with no urgency when we're defending a slender lead.

Your manager has put his neck on the block by defending you, including you and putting you on the pitch.

And the supporters clapped you onto the pitch which, on recent displays, you've barely deserved.

If you don't want to be here just spit it out and we can have you gone in January.
We won man, stop finding an excuse to have a moan.

Amazing we’re still making expensive cock ups, even in this league. With new owners no less.

How about we sign players with promise rather than rep?

We just don’t have the team to allow for him to stroll around. He’s slow and weak, people give Gooch shit but he’s a grafter, strong and quick enough.

Imagine carrying a belly like that?..fuckers suppossed to be a pro.(Grigg)
This. He looks a good clem over weight.
iirc when charlie wyke first came he didn't exactly enamour himself to the fans. since he's started to put a bit of effort in he's even getting a cheer when he comes on now. there's nothing that gets me wound up more than someone who doesn't appear to give a shit. i think wyke has been really good recently and the back end of last season, perhaps he's just one of those confidence players and i hope grigg will prove to be the same.
For me I d pick him ahead of McNulty. More suited to our style and brings Maguire and McGeady into play. They got a boost when he came on.

Last edited:
IMO Wyke is suffering from the other extreme, to Grigg, in that he's trying too hard.

Once he scores a few and really gets the crowd behind him I think he'll settle down and show his old form.

The Sunderland crowd will forgive a lot, providing they see some effort, and Wyke is testimony to that.

IMO Wyke is suffering from the other extreme, to Grigg, in that he's trying too hard.

Once he scores a few and really gets the crowd behind him I think he'll settle down and show his old form.

The Sunderland crowd will forgive a lot, providing they see some effort, and Wyke is testimony to that.

You must be watching a different Grigg to me then the only thing he's trying is my paitence with him

listening to donald last night, he seems to be a big fan of grigg so i dont think hes going anywhere any time fast
You must be watching a different Grigg to me then the only thing he's trying is my paitence with him
erm not sure youre on the same wavelength tbh :)

Don't think even Wyke will score many goals this will be our biggest problem this season

Whoever okay'd that Griggs medical needs to be shown the door.
Dodgy teeth,podgy..clearly a bad diet and signs of unprofessionalism.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt and he comes back strolling around looking blunt.

If I was a 3m star striker with a lot still to proove you could wash yer shirt on me abs.

Back