Grigg man, ffs ...

Wyke was excellent. I think certain people just need to get their head around he’ll never be a graceful footballer, he’s somebody who puts his body in, makes it difficult for defenders & keeps the ball alive in the final third. This will create chances for us, it’ll just not be elegant
Totally agree with that marra. Really like the lad 😎

Been an advocate of giving Grigg time, playing to his strengths and that, but today he just wasn't interested was he. Didn't want to be on the pitch.

Wyke was excellent. I think certain people just need to get their head around he’ll never be a graceful footballer, he’s somebody who puts his body in, makes it difficult for defenders & keeps the ball alive in the final third. This will create chances for us, it’ll just not be elegant
Spot on mate. Especially the final 3rd bit. Changes the whole game. They have to drop instead of us. He gets fuck all from the refs either. There was one instance today when there was 2 of their lads with their arms over the top of him and he waved play on. Couldn't have been clearer

It should have been Dobson on for Leadbitter in any case but for the immediate time being if we do need to bring someone on it should be Benji or Diamond assuming Watmore is injured. The club will have to take a big financial hit on Grigg but he needs peddled, he's not going to do it here.

... do yourself a favour.

92 minutes, you're fresh on and Portsmouth are passing it along their back line.

So you're strolling between them with no urgency when we're defending a slender lead.

Your manager has put his neck on the block by defending you, including you and putting you on the pitch.

And the supporters clapped you onto the pitch which, on recent displays, you've barely deserved.

If you don't want to be here just spit it out and we can have you gone in January.
He was a disgrace today, half arsed closing down and not looking for space. Straight down the tunnel at full time, looks as though he has zero interest.

He annoyed me when he failed to hold onto the ball in the corner. Literally seconds on the clock and he makes very little effort to retain the ball. So frustrating.

Grigg gives the impression of a player who just can't be arsed and doesn't want to be here. I think he chased the ball and closed down the keeper once, just after he came on. After that he just strolled around as though he had played the full 90. Waste of money and waste of a squad place.

... do yourself a favour.

92 minutes, you're fresh on and Portsmouth are passing it along their back line.

So you're strolling between them with no urgency when we're defending a slender lead.

Your manager has put his neck on the block by defending you, including you and putting you on the pitch.

And the supporters clapped you onto the pitch which, on recent displays, you've barely deserved.

If you don't want to be here just spit it out and we can have you gone in January.
But it’s all because we don’t create any chances for him........
He annoyed me when he failed to hold onto the ball in the corner. Literally seconds on the clock and he makes very little effort to retain the ball. So frustrating.
Worryingly, he was actually trying to retain the ball -he’s just not that good at it.

Last edited:
Felt sorry for him near the end. The lads confidence looks shot to bits. I think he'll come good, just don't think it'll be with Sunderland.

In the warm up before the game he scored every shot right and left foot. Corners every time. Everyone else had some gan miles wide or straight at the keeper. Don't think it's confidence, there's just no desire whatsoever. Put the ball down in front of him and he will score. Expect him to get in the end of owt, or make anything movement or anything happen and he's not interested.

Competed for a 50/50 in our half around 90 minutes. Should have been there first n smashed it 80 yards but he was so half arsed it rolled for a throw in in oyr own half.
Arsehole.

Aye.

I’m getting annoyed by him as well to be fair. At least Wyke put himself about when he came on. Grigg barely f***ing moved.
Wyke was exactly the sub we needed. Their centre backs looked very comfortable until he came on. I have steered clear of giving Grigg shit. But he needs to shift a good clem in weight. Looks heavy and slow

He looks absolutely shot to pieces mind, I'm usually optimistic but I can't see a way back for him.

The only way back for him imo is if Ross plays a more counter attacking game and players get forward quickly to play him in on goal. What he isnt is a target man.

Very strange logic in signing him imo.

Back