Grey pictures on my iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MunkyHeed

Striker
Hi all. Wonder if you're could help. Yesterday I took a bunch of photos on my iPhone 6. It was behaving quite oddly at the time... Apps taking ages to open and respond. Anyway, I can see th thumbnails of the pics I took, but when I open them, they're just a grey square or rectangle. All but a random few are like this. The others open fine. Even if I load them to Flickr or my pc they're grey. I'm trying uploading them all to iCloud then restoring my phone, but if that doesn't work I'm at a loss as to what to try. Loads of pics of the Brecon Beacons lost. :cry: :evil:

Hi all. Wonder if you're could help. Yesterday I took a bunch of photos on my iPhone 6. It was behaving quite oddly at the time... Apps taking ages to open and respond. Anyway, I can see th thumbnails of the pics I took, but when I open them, they're just a grey square or rectangle. All but a random few are like this. The others open fine. Even if I load them to Flickr or my pc they're grey. I'm trying uploading them all to iCloud then restoring my phone, but if that doesn't work I'm at a loss as to what to try. Loads of pics of the Brecon Beacons lost. :cry: :evil:
Corruption of filename or file type?

..or possibly something in the metadata. Who knows. They still appear as grey in iCloud, but I'm sure it's just a case of editing the data to make them appear. God knows what though. :cry:
Metadata would do fuck all. Corruption of filenames can do that

Should have got an Andro... ;)

Seriously, it sounds like some form of file corruption to me. I doubt there ever was much chance of recovering anything and the more you have used your phone since, the worse the chances will be!

Can you not dodge over to the perspex palace and get a 'Genius' to have a once over

It's why people pay such ridiculous amounts for them surely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back