Grey Imports

EcosseMackem

Striker
What's the sketch with the likes of Digital Rev these days
Is there any risk with buying from them
I'm after a Canon SX70 for the missus and I'd like to buy a UK model but I just can't afford to pay full whack

I used to used Portus Digital a few years ago as they shipped from the UK but I gather they don't do cameras these days

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Cheers

Roger

The Gaffer
Staff member
HDEW have always been good and are UK based, but they don’t appear to sell that - it might still be worth calling them to see if they can source it. I have used onestop digital as well and they have been fine, but their price is only £20 less than the likes of LCE so not worth it.

I am sure Digital Rev will be fine, the only thing to watch with them is you only get 1 year warranty.

Lonz

Striker
Must always be a trade-off between the % discount and convenience. I bought two DSLRs from Digirev a while back and had no issues with the hardware. If I had it would’ve been a bit more a headache than a UK store.

Not sure how reliable the new mirrorless stuff is and how likely they are to need fixing.

MaDMaCKeM

Midfield
Panamoz are great, I have used them personally, a couple of mates have used their warranty - basically you send it to official repair shops and panamoz reimburse costs. They offer 3 year warranties as well.

hungrymackem

Central Defender
Panamoz are great, I have used them personally, a couple of mates have used their warranty - basically you send it to official repair shops and panamoz reimburse costs. They offer 3 year warranties as well.
Ditto for Panamoz. Never needed to use warranty, but I read reviews before buying from them.
Last time I used them, I got a canon body and L series lens for similar price to buying the body only in the UK!!