Greta Thunberg becomes youngest person to win Time Person of the Year

It would be interesting to know what back up team like agents and PR she has. Did they fly to these places and meet her. She can't be doing it on her own.

The message is a good one, but it wouldn't surprise me to find a large hidden carbon footprint.
Well she says that she works with NGOs but a quick search only reveals that some green organisations have been using her name to help themselves. I think the very fact that neither of us know the answer suggests that she is as independent as she says she is. If she were flying support teams into where she's sailing to it might have been headlines.

I'm starting to feel sorry for the lass, imagine the pressure she's under now as kid, she should be enjoying life with her mates and growing up in a nornal environment, not being manipulated as political tool.
Well she did say that herself but she said she wanted to be there. I agree though. I hope she's taking care of herself.

Last edited:
Well she says that she works with NGOs but a quick search only reveals that some green organisations have been using her name to help themselves. I think the very fact that neither of us know the answer suggests that she is as independent as she says she is. If she were flying support teams into where she's sailing to it might have been headlines.

Well she did say that herself but she said she wanted to be there. I agree though. I hope she;s taking care of herself.
I'm no expert but it would seem unlikely that a 16year old autistic girl could arrange everything herself. If she has fair play to her.

I'm no expert but it would seem unlikely that a 16year old autistic girl could arrange everything herself. If she has fair play to her.
Well aye. I imagine that the family might need some help with complex logistics but they're not agents or PR on the level you're suggesting. Teams? Do your own search. Maybe you can come up with something I could not.

She's on the autistic scale which is a long scale.

Last edited:
Well aye. I imagine that the family might need some help with complex logistics but they're not agents or PR on the level you're suggesting. Teams? Do your own search. Maybe you can come up with something I could not.

She's on the autistic scale which is a long scale.
I know what the spectrum is marra, I've got an autistic son. This along with her being 16 leads me to the conclusion that she doesn't have the capacity to make even basic logistical decisions.

"I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, OCD and selective mutism. That basically means I only speak when I think it's necessary. Now is one of those moments."
— Greta Thunberg in her TEDx Talk
Stockholm, November 2018

I know what the spectrum is marra, I've got an autistic son. This along with her being 16 leads me to the conclusion that she doesn't have the capacity to make even basic logistical decisions.
Yeah but no one really expects a young lass with asperger's to do that task. There's a bit of difference between that and flying teams of support staff, using a pretty big carbon footprint in her carbon campaign.

Yeah but no one really expects a young lass with asperger's to do that task. There's a bit of difference between that and flying teams of support staff, using a pretty big carbon footprint in her carbon campaign.

Without doubt she has big backers & logistics team.

Ahh. Thought so.

They've got cars that run on water man
I might be wrong and maybe I'm just a cynic, but I can't help but feel that she has been controlled by others to suit their agenda. Hopefully I'm wrong

Pretty obvious that's whats happened.

She will have loads of nutters hating her as well but that's just because shes been constantly given attention in the media.

If anything feel sorry for the lass in a way as it won't end well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be wrong and maybe I'm just a cynic, but I can't help but feel that she has been controlled by others to suit their agenda. Hopefully I'm wrong
She's said that she works with NGOs. It's a bit like the idea of the 'fake' moon landings. The Russians would have exposed it. Same applies here imo. She seems to have pissed off a lot of people who would love to use their influence and power to get some dirt on the lass. I'm sure if there's any there they will find it. Like you I wait to see whet they dig up.

Last edited:
If the people she is appealing to won’t listen to climate scientists, why would they listen to a 16 year old?

Don‘t really see the point tbh, the only people who are on her side are those that already agree with her.

Last edited:
Totally infuriates the white middle aged male. Probably jealousy that she has achieved more in a short lifetime so far then most will in all their days.

Back