Greggs Vegan Sausage Roll

Define “real meat”. Then look up what passes as real meat in legal definitions.

Sausages aren’t real meat at the best of times, they’re off cuts and any manner of product that was once part of an animal, mashed up and reformed, often with all manner of fillers and flavour enhancers thrown in to mask the lack of flavour.

I can understand you defending a pork chop or a leg of lamb perhaps but to try and argue the odds for the muck that goes into a typical “meat” sausage roll is frankly laughable.
I think it would be easy to define what meat is and whether a product included meat.

No shit!

Well actually, you can probably only say that for the vegan ones. It's which bits and pieces of real animals (is there another kind?) that would worry me when chucking a "real" sausage roll down my gullet.
I like offal so not really bothered whats in them, sight better than the wifes cooking.

I think it would be easy to define what meat is and whether a product included meat.
Just for you Mr Contrary - Legally a sausage roll only has to have 6% meat content to be sold in the UK. Of that meat content, 30% can be fat and a further 25% can be collagen. Any amount of water can be added as ii does not look like a cut, joint, slice, portion or carcase. In cooked meat products, the term meat can include :-
  • feet
  • intestine (except as sausage skin)
  • lungs
  • oesophagus
  • rectum
  • spinal cord
  • spleen
  • stomach
  • udder

Just for you Mr Contrary - Legally a sausage roll only has to have 6% meat content to be sold in the UK. Of that meat content, 30% can be fat and a further 25% can be collagen. Any amount of water can be added as ii does not look like a cut, joint, slice, portion or carcase. In cooked meat products, the term meat can include :-
  • feet
  • lungs
  • oesophagus
  • rectum
  • spinal cord
  • spleen
  • stomach
  • udder
Lush.

• feet
  • lungs
  • oesophagus
  • rectum
  • spinal cord
  • spleen
  • stomach
  • udder
You were the one being contrary. It was bleeding obvious what he meant even if he is being a dick.

• feet
  • lungs
  • oesophagus
  • rectum
  • spinal cord
  • spleen
  • stomach
  • udder
Canny that, no part of the animal gets wasted.

Back