Greggs / LBC

I have the same ambivalence towards the whole thing.

On the one hand I think it’s ridiculous that people are up in arms over this and think it’s quite funny, but also feel as though Christianity is an easy target. Nobody is going to get hurt from this.

The debate wouldn’t be anywhere near as benign if someone had depicted Muhammad as a steak bake.

Yep, you got my point, other posters didn't.

I agree, it's nothing to be offended over whatsoever, yet I see like you say, an implicit double standard in society concerning these things.

He still hasn't accepted the Brexit vote, making assumptions that the entire leave side didn't know what they voted for - Zzzzzzzzz :rolleyes:
Tbf the jury is still out on that one. See you in about a decade.
James O'Brien to a caller "Spell Jesus, backwards, what does it say? Susej.

To the same religious caller, "Are there sausage rolls in Heaven?"

"If there are, they'll be cold, whereas in Hell, they'll be warm"

:lol:
He can brighten a day from what I've seen of him - which isn't that much admittedly. A light hearted Thursday chuckle.

Yep, you got my point, other posters didn't.

I agree, it's nothing to be offended over whatsoever, yet I see like you say, an implicit double standard in society concerning these things.

I take the piss out of any religion. I don’t care. I think that the various Christian representatives crowing about this need to get a grip but I agree with their point that nobody would dare pull an equivalent stunt against Islam.

As you say, it’s a rank double standard. Christians; in this country at least, don’t tend to get very aggressive when their religion is mocked. The most you’ll get is the blue rinse brigade staging a protest outside your local branch of Greggs.

So it's okay to accuse non-racist men of being racist for not taking kindly to the Muslim grooming gangs. If someone like Katy Hopkins said something quite as shocking (As she does a lot as she's an idiot) there would be an outrage from far left, liberals like yourself - double standards. She lost her job for saying something less offensive! She's a lunatic by the way, just using that as an example.

I could counter-argue you and say Nigel Farage does the same to your lot - 'Remoaners'. He dismantles them with ease! All they do is refer back to the 350m NHS figure when they're losing the argument. They predicated an economic crash, with the world falling apart - not much has changed really mate has it?
We haven't left the EU yet mind.

Back