Green Man 2019 - SMB quiz team rollcall!

GTG

Striker
I know I try this every year and nee fucker ever turns up but ......

Anyone interested in getting an SMB team together for the excellent music quiz run by Bob Stanley and Pete Paphides? Great way to start off your Saturday (although they moved it to Sunday last year .....)

@Arkle @Don'tListenToTheHat @Gromit @banburysafc

@Gromit Can you get the programme early if you're in Settlers? If you can, could you check which day the music quiz is on please? My lad is stewarding and I want to make sure he gets his shifts right so he can make the quiz (the day change last year messed things up last year) - we need his youth!

Can't wait to get there and get the tent up, hopefully when it's not raining, and start to relax. Very wet and windy there at the moment but should calm down over the next few days. Its funny, been listening to playlists and trying to put together a few must-sees but the things that keep coming into my head are late night tea and cake in the Community Cafe, and Pete Brown's 'Pairing beer and music' session on Friday morning!

i filmed there last year, was a cracking festival and loads of little places to find. also filmed at Festival No 6, that looks like a little fairy tale village with the festival taking place around peoples houses and in the village square

Don’t know anyone going this year as they all reckon the line up seems a bit poor.

I’ve not seen many of the bands on but Bodega were ok supporting Rolling Blackouts for thursdays.

Fat White Family were great. Durand Jones and the Indictions are superb for friday but Squid are real emperors new clothes music which helps in spot the weak minded sheeplike scenester contests.....and I saw em twice in two days ffs.

Saturdays looks weak with only Art School Girlfriend essential from those I’ve heard baring in mind there’s a few I’ve nivver heard of. Christ Lamb are still going!

Sunday looks good. Misty, Etten, Eels, Idles, Growlers. Wasn’t impressed by Yak when I saw em. Yorkstons a bit meh. I like Pottery.

Whoever designed that website wants f***ing with their own laptop. White writing on the thumbnails makes a load of band names indecipherable.

Don’t know anyone going this year as they all reckon the line up seems a bit poor.

The line-up has become less and less relevant each year, to be honest. It's just a great event and half the fun is discovering great music by people you've never heard of. I bought my ticket in September.

Besides the line-up of real ales and ciders is always top drawer (100+ as it incorporates the Welsh Beer and Cider Festival)!

Not sure the linked names work if listed together (they didn't on the old version of the board software).

Put me down as a maybe. I'm not staying on site this year (mate lives nearby) so it depends on getting there and also whether anyone good is playing when the quiz is on. Also, not drinking currently.

Can I join in via Skype or something?

Get yourself a ticket man.

Does this work?

Anyone interested in getting an SMB team together for the excellent music quiz run by Bob Stanley and Pete Paphides? Great way to start off your Saturday (although they moved it to Sunday last year .....)

@Arkle

@Don'tListenToTheHat

@Gromit

@banburysafc

@GTG

@Gromit Can you get the programme early if you're in Settlers? If you can, could you check which day the music quiz is on please? My lad is stewarding and I want to make sure he gets his shifts right so he can make the quiz (the day change last year messed things up last year) - we need his youth!

Can't wait to get there and get the tent up, hopefully when it's not raining, and start to relax. Very wet and windy there at the moment but should calm down over the next few days. Its funny, been listening to playlists and trying to put together a few must-sees but the things that keep coming into my head are late night tea and cake in the Community Cafe, and Pete Brown's 'Pairing beer and music' session on Friday morning!
Not sure the linked names work if listed together (they didn't on the old version of the board software).

How do I do it? Did you get an alert from the 2nd version? (I didn't)

Last edited:
Get yourself a ticket man.

Does this work?

@Arkle

@Don'tListenToTheHat

@Gromit

@banburysafc

@GTG

How do I do it? Did you get an alert from the 2nd version? (I didn't)

I didn't. I've yet to figure this out.

Sorry, for some reason I didn’t see this thread! There are two bands I wouldn’t mind seeing around then but I’ll see how I’m feeling on the morning.

Really excited about this lineup personally and I can’t see why anyone would think it’s poor.

Back