Greek Gyros

The problem is, there's a difference between being a pompus arse, and saying something the same way as 99% of people do.

Don't mean to sound like an arse myself there, but hopefull you see what I mean
Do you think I'm a pompomp arse? The question was asked and I answered it. Soz mate. ;)

They write it out as ‘Yeeros’ even on the menus and that. Used to be a class Greek takeaway down Shoreditch called Yeeros.
So the correct pronunciation then. London Greeks are the best obviously ;);)

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve only just finished letting all my London mates know that a load of people on the SMB that we live in a cesspit ffs. Now I’ve got to text my Greek mate to tell him he’s been eating gyros wrong all of his life as well.
:lol:

I’ve only just finished letting all my London mates know that a load of people on the SMB that we live in a cesspit ffs. Now I’ve got to text my Greek mate to tell him he’s been eating gyros wrong all of his life as well.
Tell him to open a place up there and this time next year he will be a millionaire. Its a winner.

Last edited:
I make my own tzatziki. Greek yoghurt, garlic, cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. The good lady bought an apron with a recipe on it from Crete (or Kos I forget?)

Very nice with a home made chicken shish kebab in a pitta :)

Off to Corfu for a 4 day break in 9 days, can't wait.

I make my own tzatziki. Greek yoghurt, garlic, cucumber, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. The good lady bought an apron with a recipe on it from Crete (or Kos I forget?)

Very nice with a home made chicken shish kebab in a pitta :)

Off to Corfu for a 4 day break in 9 days, can't wait.
Have you been there before? If not will you know short cuts everywhere even though you have been there 2 minutes :)
Pigeons don't count mate

Last edited by a moderator:

Back