Greece - mandatory vaccines for over 60s

Austria also announced something similar.
I’m assuming you mean Germany not Austria. Austria announced their plan over a week ago.

it doesnt't sit well however as stated earlier its like an insurance policy amount. Maybe that is the way forward to make those that refuse the vaccine take out an inurance policy to cover potential hospital costs incurred

youve done it now, cue the “opening the back door to American style healthcare” brigade

it doesnt't sit well however as stated earlier its like an insurance policy amount. Maybe that is the way forward to make those that refuse the vaccine take out an inurance policy to cover potential hospital costs incurred
Thats exactly what it is for. I’ve not checked the stats but i’m guessing greek hospitals are quite full of idiots over 60 who have refused the jab for whatever reason and are now clogging up Greeces healthcare system?

That's a good point and if it were done in that way and actually managed as a pooled risk with fairly calculated premiums I'd be right behind it.

Thats exactly what it is for. I’ve not checked the stats but i’m guessing greek hospitals are quite full of idiots over 60 who have refused the jab for whatever reason and are now clogging up Greeces healthcare system?
While I agree being unvaccinated and ending up in hospital is self inflected and putting pressure on hospitals ( world wide ) what makes covid so special?

Theres self inflected illnesses and "accidents" that put just as much pressure on hospitals worldwide, do we force those people who make poor choices to "pay"?

More people die from poor diet choices world wide than covid, maybe the "fatties" should pay a health Tax or people who drink, just look at A and E on a weekend. Where would it all stop?

I don't think its a good idea at all, we cant penalize stupid people, I think people who still smoke in this day and age with all the studies and data showing the damage done, to themselves and others bonkers, but they should always have the right to free health care.

While I agree being unvaccinated and ending up in hospital is self inflected and putting pressure on hospitals ( world wide ) what makes covid so special?

Theres self inflected illnesses and "accidents" that put just as much pressure on hospitals worldwide, do we force those people who make poor choices to "pay"?

More people die from poor diet choices world wide than covid, maybe the "fatties" should pay a health Tax or people who drink, just look at A and E on a weekend. Where would it all stop?

I don't think its a good idea at all, we cant penalize stupid people, I think people who still smoke in this day and age with all the studies and data showing the damage done, to themselves and others bonkers, but they should always have the right to free health care.
Its a jab. Have the jab. It takes 1 minute to administer. Reduce the risk.

Maybe we should put tax on things like booze, tabs & unhealthy scran to offset the pressure they create on the NHS….

Oh. Hang on….

Its a jab. Have the jab. It takes 1 minute to administer. Reduce the risk.

Maybe we should put tax on things like booze, tabs & unhealthy scran to offset the pressure they create on the NHS….

Oh. Hang on….
how's that working out, cause last i saw the NHS is underfunded and the tax added to these items doesn't automatically go to the NHS.

Maybe we should just ban all the stuff thats bad for us, we don't need alcohol or to smoke, and there's plenty of healthily foods, ban the lot for the greater good eh? If we are going to force people to have jabs lets ban all the bad crap too then I say, would save a lot lives worldwide, many many more than die of covid.

it might just be a Jab to me and you, but someone who doesn't want one shouldn't be forced.

I said it from the beginning educate, convince and try our best to get as many people on board, using cold hard facts, forcing people makes them into martyrs and will convince even more on the fence thats its a government conspiracy, it will do more harm than good imo.

Also clubs, restaurants/cafes, theatres, cinemas, and music venues by the sounds of it. Hopefully, something like that happens here soon too.

If so then at least I will be able to go to my local without hearing the neighbourhood antivax nut spout on about his latest conspiracy theories. If the Omicron variant gets him them he will have nobody to blame expect himself. I would nominate him for a Darwin Award.

Back