Greatest all rounders of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flintoff suffered from being picked too early and playing in a very poor england team
filtered 2003-2009 58 matches
Batting 3202 167 36.38 4
Bowling- 193 5/58 30.33 3

If you take those stats thats what Stokes should be aiming for imo, in a better team Freddie would have much better numbers, just as Beefy would have better batting average if he played for Australia etc...

Also Freddie probably is our Best 1 day player and arguably the best all rounder from the last 20 years in that format.

Mike Proctor was another South African affected by the ban. Don't think Barry Richards bowled enough to really count but was a superb batsman

Chris Cairns was pretty decent often carried New Zealand, I think he would have been an all time great in a better side

Chris Cairns was pretty decent often carried New Zealand, I think he would have been an all time great in a better side

I was a huge fan of him personally, stats of 33 with the bat and 29 with the ball aren't hugely startling but he did struggle with injuries particularly early in his career. They do however compare favorably with a certain Mr. Flintoff who's name usually crops up in these debates.

Cairns was great to watch in full flow though, one of my favourite cricketers growing up.

His dad was a canny turn for DCCC as well. Ridiculous bowling action, boy could he hit a cricket ball.

His bowling style actually out-Maxed Max Walker!!

I was a huge fan of him personally, stats of 33 with the bat and 29 with the ball aren't hugely startling but he did struggle with injuries particularly early in his career. They do however compare favorably with a certain Mr. Flintoff who's name usually crops up in these debates.

Cairns was great to watch in full flow though, one of my favourite cricketers growing up.

My claim to fame was that I clean bowled Chris Cairns twice in a day at Ropery Lane in 1981.
Mind you it was with a tennis ball and he was only ten at the time!!:oops::oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back