Great North Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

All your times are ridiculous, I'm seriously impressed. Took us 3 hours to get from Shields to DH6, nevermind :lol:.

I was back in the house in Whitley bay by 3 o'clock. A record. No queue at the ferry this year. Maybe after the last few years farces many people held back a bit for some extra beer? Whatever the reason it was certainly the easiest trip back I've had.

I was back in the house in Whitley bay by 3 o'clock. A record. No queue at the ferry this year. Maybe after the last few years farces many people held back a bit for some extra beer? Whatever the reason it was certainly the easiest trip back I've had.

I think there might have been some sort of accident or emergency on the roads but can't say for certain, there were a lot of ambulances and police at a few spots so my guess is that was the delay. No idea though!

1hr 42. Smashed 2 mins off my previous best. Good conditions out there today. Still a great event isn't it ?

I'll be honest here mate, today was my 7th GNR and the appeal has gone. It's still a fantastic event to get people training etc, but once you have done it a few times, you start to realize just how long the day is for a run on a fairly awful course.

That said, the atmosphere was great.

90 minute queue when i got there. Had to wait for the missus and she wanted to go to see her mate working in the saras hope charity tent.

Got back to Whitley around 4.30.

Side note. Beat 2 hours in the run but had to wait 2 and a half hours for our lass to find me in the meeting place. Daft shite wasn't even running. Fuming. Lucky she brought a change of clothes and her bank card to placate me. Pissed on Ocean Road now. :D

I'll be honest here mate, today was my 7th GNR and the appeal has gone. It's still a fantastic event to get people training etc, but once you have done it a few times, you start to realize just how long the day is for a run on a fairly awful course.

That said, the atmosphere was great.

Aye - I know what you mean. I only do it as it's the highlight of the running year. Just for the high fives and jelly babies really. Still think it's a great event, if not a great race

2:45 in Sunderland.

Metro from S.Shields to Fellgate (had to wait 15 mins) and then Fellgate home (20 mins).

2:19 hated every minute of it. Absolute chew on getting home and didn't have my first pint until 5.30. I'm a slow runner but impossible to get into a rhythm with people walking after less than a mile. Half an hour to get to the start line, it's not worth it.
Felt fine until 8 miles but died straight after that roundabout and the last hill was a killer. Last mile was probably the only bit I 'enjoyed'.
Raised a lot of money for mate's charity so glad I did it but won't do it again. Going to concentrate on Sunderland half next year.

Finished 52nd in 73.41. Pretty happy with that. Definitely helped being a bit cooler than the last couple of years.

Well done on finishing lads and lasses, not an easy run despite the elevation drop
I thought my mate doing it in 1.26 was mentally quick but that is insane! Congrats on the great time and hope you enjoyed it.

2:19 hated every minute of it. Absolute chew on getting home and didn't have my first pint until 5.30. I'm a slow runner but impossible to get into a rhythm with people walking after less than a mile. Half an hour to get to the start line, it's not worth it.
Felt fine until 8 miles but died straight after that roundabout and the last hill was a killer. Last mile was probably the only bit I 'enjoyed'.
Raised a lot of money for mate's charity so glad I did it but won't do it again. Going to concentrate on Sunderland half next year.
I passed thousands of people who
Lied about their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back