Great North Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
I offered to run this for Bradley, but my Crohn's is flaring and I'm going to have to pull out. I'm devastated and feel like I'm letting them down by not running :cry:

Willing to post my number to someone but it has conditions. I want it to go to someone who will raise some money for charity with it. Preferably for Bradley's fund or one of the other neuroblastoma children, for melanoma as my friend (same age as me) died because of that this morning, or for Crohn's as it literally is a shit disease and I really hate it when it gets in the way of stuff I want to do.
Gutted for you. I know what it's like to have to drop out of races and it's infuriating. Doing one big run on Saturday then everything is geared towards nursing my injuries and avoiding new ones. I'm going to crawl round if I have to.
Arranged post run beers for when I get home so just going to visualise that on the way round.

Gutted for you. I know what it's like to have to drop out of races and it's infuriating. Doing one big run on Saturday then everything is geared towards nursing my injuries and avoiding new ones. I'm going to crawl round if I have to.
Arranged post run beers for when I get home so just going to visualise that on the way round.

It's annoying but going to try and get better for Sunderland next year. Best of luck with your run pet. I know it's going to be tough but you can do it. That feeling when you cross the finish line is bloody marvellous :D xx

I offered to run this for Bradley, but my Crohn's is flaring and I'm going to have to pull out. I'm devastated and feel like I'm letting them down by not running :cry:

Willing to post my number to someone but it has conditions. I want it to go to someone who will raise some money for charity with it. Preferably for Bradley's fund or one of the other neuroblastoma children, for melanoma as my friend (same age as me) died because of that this morning, or for Crohn's as it literally is a shit disease and I really hate it when it gets in the way of stuff I want to do.

I wish my chrons wasn't plaguing me or I'd have had it, my office is massive as well, couldve raised a mint I reckon, next year hopefully, best of luck.

I'm still looking forward to the run and raising money for a charity close to me (Action on Hearing Loss). Running helped me get my confidence back after I lost a lot of my hearing a couple years ago following a freak illness, it was a positive way for me to push and hurt myself and release a lot of anger. I've kept it up since.

Was originally aiming for 2:10 (PB is 2:12) but I'll be pleased to get anything under 2:30 now as the training hasn't gone so well over the past 6 weeks or so. Can't wait though!

I'm still looking forward to the run and raising money for a charity close to me (Action on Hearing Loss). Running helped me get my confidence back after I lost a lot of my hearing a couple years ago following a freak illness, it was a positive way for me to push and hurt myself and release a lot of anger. I've kept it up since.

Was originally aiming for 2:10 (PB is 2:12) but I'll be pleased to get anything under 2:30 now as the training hasn't gone so well over the past 6 weeks or so. Can't wait though!
That's pretty much where I'm at. Only done one half marathon and finished in 2:06 so thought 2:1o was a reasonable target. Training has been terrible so finishing is the only aim and I expect that to be somewhere around the 2:30 mark although I'd be disappointed to creep over that.

Got my place but also have a really tight hamstring that I've had for about 3 months now, so I've done basically no training at all. Hoping for under 1:50 but that might be a struggle

Running for motor neurons again, got my MNDA top today, it's too f***ing big!

Haven't done much running but been leg beasted the last 2 days at training, can barely walk. It's really helping tho, can feel my body changing shape, going for a fast run on sunday, see if I've got a chance of my target or not.

That's pretty much where I'm at. Only done one half marathon and finished in 2:06 so thought 2:1o was a reasonable target. Training has been terrible so finishing is the only aim and I expect that to be somewhere around the 2:30 mark although I'd be disappointed to creep over that.

We'll cross the finish line together then mate, it's an effort just to do the distance for most (including me) so I hope you enjoy the day!

I'd originally agreed to run with a friend but we've agreed to run separately as she will be a lot faster. Just spoken to her and despite us entering via different ballots, our numbers are only four apart. I suspect our finishing positions will be a lot further apart.:lol:

Was hoping for a sub 2 hour time however the furthest I've ran at race pace is 6.5 mile. Now hoping to beat last years time of 2:15 which I think I should be able to do.

Surely if the wind is blowing west and the route runs east that's not a tailwind?
A westerly wind means the wind is blowing from that direction, not to, I always thought it didn't make sense!

Going to aim to beat my time of 01:43 from 2 years ago, training hasn't been ideal though so probably wont do it. Unless this wind helps ;)

A westerly wind means the wind is blowing from that direction, not to, I always thought it didn't make sense!

Going to aim to beat my time of 01:43 from 2 years ago, training hasn't been ideal though so probably wont do it. Unless this wind helps ;)

Learn something new :cool: thanks for clarifying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back