Great North Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Public

Striker
With numbers about to land, who off here is in this year?

What's your target?

Who you running for?

How is your training going?

Aiming for 2 hours, but a fair way off that at the minute still. Am up to 12 miles but miles off the pace.

The wife has ran 10 mile today, well impressed with her as a few months ago she couldn't run a mile.

I'm in, although training hasn't been great. If I somehow squeeze under 2 hours i'll be happy.
Ditto. I normally come in just under two hours and am hoping my overall fitness will be enough, as I haven't been running as much as usual. If I manage it without getting a headache that'll do.

I'm in. I've done a half in 1:45 before, I will be amazed if I get round in under 2:20.

I haven't trained and I'm not looking forward to it at all.

My first (and probably last) GNR this year.
Target is to finish without walking.
Training has been awful. I've only done one half marathon in the past (Sunderland 2014) and the difference is night and day. I've put the miles in but not seeing any improvement and been carrying a knee injury that is gradually getting worse. Managed 10 miles on Saturday but had to walk two miles into a 5k run yesterday as I went out without a knee support on. I thought it was restricting me but I obviously can't run without it.
I'll get round but looking upon it as a chore and the chew on of getting there and back is not something I am looking forward to. Bought one of those Metro wristband things and have already decided that it will probably irritate me on the way round and I'll end up ripping it off.:lol:

Anyway, despite my twisting, I will get round although I suspect in something like 2:30 which is crawling pace. This is why I am doing it and the reason why I should probably stop moaning and just get on with it.

http://wp.me/p7HlGl-sQ

Im doing it.

Did the Sunderland half in 01:44:00 in May, so hoping to get around that time.

I'm in the middle of training for the Morpeth to Newcastle in October, but thinking of reducing down to the half as my knees are fucked.

I was aiming for 1:45 but done my Achilles 4 weeks ago.
I had a slow 2mile run on Tuesday and it was no worse so I'll do a 5k tonight and parkrun tomorrow, if there's no problems I'll start and increase the Miles again next week.

I'll just be happy to get round now!

In the white zone. Did it last year in 2:15 so want to beat that. Was aiming for sub 2 hours but think I'm way off that at the minute.

I offered to run this for Bradley, but my Crohn's is flaring and I'm going to have to pull out. I'm devastated and feel like I'm letting them down by not running :cry:

Willing to post my number to someone but it has conditions. I want it to go to someone who will raise some money for charity with it. Preferably for Bradley's fund or one of the other neuroblastoma children, for melanoma as my friend (same age as me) died because of that this morning, or for Crohn's as it literally is a shit disease and I really hate it when it gets in the way of stuff I want to do.

I offered to run this for Bradley, but my Crohn's is flaring and I'm going to have to pull out. I'm devastated and feel like I'm letting them down by not running :cry:

Willing to post my number to someone but it has conditions. I want it to go to someone who will raise some money for charity with it. Preferably for Bradley's fund or one of the other neuroblastoma children, for melanoma as my friend (same age as me) died because of that this morning, or for Crohn's as it literally is a shit disease and I really hate it when it gets in the way of stuff I want to do.

If you don't get any takers, you could put your number on eBay and probably get about £60/£70 you could donate.

Gutted for you, all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back