Great British Bake Off 2021

What's with dislike for the young northerner with the elfish looks? Not posh enough? Too vegan (though not exactly 100% vegan)?

Watched this tonight, entertaining to say the least whilst also very predictable. How that middle bake came to pass like that? Pressure or the camera?

German 🇩🇪 week next week, the pressure will be on… 😀

Not like a pudding would need flour to be a pudding, also did she not notice that given the ingredients were provided there was some unused flour ?

Found her a bit annoying so no miss or me.

Not like a pudding would need flour to be a pudding, also did she not notice that given the ingredients were provided there was some unused flour ?

Found her a bit annoying so no miss or me.
I occasionally ponder with BakeOff - if these are the cream of the amateur baking crop of the nation, shouldn't they be absolutely class near-perfect most weeks?

Forgetting flour is something I would do. And I can barely make toast

I occasionally ponder with BakeOff - if these are the cream of the amateur baking crop of the nation, shouldn't they be absolutely class near-perfect most weeks?

Used to make a mean sticky toffee pudding cake( an old Delia Smith recipe in Sainsburys mag)
Piece of **** and basically end up taking about 3/4 of the butterscotch sauce and pouring over the cake when about 2/3rds baked.
Gives the cake/pudding a lovely chewy toffee top while still having some sauce to pour.

But I never forgot the flour

Typing that made me starving

Watched this tonight, entertaining to say the least whilst also very predictable. How that middle bake came to pass like that? Pressure or the camera?

I said exactly the same to the mrs (no). You would think that with all of the apparent baking skills that there would be a few decent ST puddings being knocked out. Although I suppose the recipe / instructions are vague enough that it will always mean errors (and entertainment) follow.

I like Noel Fielding but just don't get him and Lucas much on this
agree with this, like them both individually but their crack is too similar and they appear to be trying to out do each other too and its just all a bit cringey this year.

Think they need to replace Noel.

I think it's the pressure of the tent, the time limits and also, for the technical at least, the lack of a complete recipe. It doesn't explain forgetting the flower, of course, but does explain why a lot of technicals go a bit wrong. The amount to add to things, oven timings etc. are critical.

agree with this, like them both individually but their crack is too similar and they appear to be trying to out do each other too and its just all a bit cringey this year.

Think they need to replace Noel.
I'd ditch Lucas. Plus all-white hosts and judges can't be sustainable for C4
I think it's the pressure of the tent, the time limits and also, for the technical at least, the lack of a complete recipe. It doesn't explain forgetting the flower, of course, but does explain why a lot of technicals go a bit wrong. The amount to add to things, oven timings etc. are critical.
Aye true. And they can't be perfect league as that's no drama

Last edited:

Back