Great atmosphere around the club

Sadly not to long ago mate.. remember the Donald honeymoon period ..when he could do no wrong? Especially on here!
Aye, but that lasted six month before the obvious became apparent. The new team have been in charge for 18 month and in that time weā€™ve so many positives including two Wembley wins and promotion!
If there is ever a time, after a decade of absolute shite to fully get behind the club, mebbes itā€™s now.

Most of us did mate, and there's no shame in that. As a fan base we were like someone who had been through loads of bad relationships and looking for the perfect person. However, a lot of us a quite resilient and know when we're being fed bullshit, so it didn't take us too long to realise they were just after a quick shag.
Spot on

First time in how long?

Finally getting round to watching Sunderland Till I Die season 2 as I couldn't stomach watching it until now, with the chances and state of the club.

Seeing the club at the end of the championship season is genuinely sad. Stadium less than half full.

Now we have nigh on 30k season tickets and finally have something to get behind.

:cool:
It's mirrored on here as well to be honest. The clowns having gone from the club and their couple of mates having mysteriously disappeared from here makes this a far better place.

First time in how long?

Finally getting round to watching Sunderland Till I Die season 2 as I couldn't stomach watching it until now, with the chances and state of the club.

Seeing the club at the end of the championship season is genuinely sad. Stadium less than half full.

Now we have nigh on 30k season tickets and finally have something to get behind.

And your best mate rumoured to be linked.
Youā€™ll be able to go shopping again together. šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

Thinking how far we have come in 18 months since Parkinson and the Chuckle brothers, our proper lowest ebb ever that period. f*ck me it was dank. Anyway from my rants about targeting youth and them being the only feasible way of us getting out of the nightmare way back when. We have youth and we are a year ahead of schedule with a proper decent manager and a young chairman who's "put up" dinged on the charlatans and about to mount a championship campaign (we are far from favorites mind) but we have momentum, passion and a noise second to none.

Sadly not to long ago mate.. remember the Donald honeymoon period ..when he could do no wrong? Especially on here!
I agree to an extent ā€¦.but the difference then was we had appointed a relatively unknown and unproven manager in Jack Rossā€¦.noone knew for sure how he would work out.
the difference this time around with Alex Neil having now won virtually everyone over is that we go into a brand new season with confidence in both the team and manager for the first time since possibly Roy Keane was in charge.
I am genuinely excited for this season, not expecting to get promoted , but expecting to be in with a chance

First time in how long?

Fans fault according to some šŸ¤Ŗ

I agree to an extent ā€¦.but the difference then was we had appointed a relatively unknown and unproven manager in Jack Rossā€¦.noone knew for sure how he would work out.
the difference this time around with Alex Neil having now won virtually everyone over is that we go into a brand new season with confidence in both the team and manager for the first time since possibly Roy Keane was in charge.
I am genuinely excited for this season, not expecting to get promoted , but expecting to be in with a chance
I really hope you are right! but going into that season with the squad we had and the despite my doubts about donald and co i really thought that squad was too good for league one football and we would not be in the league one mire for four long years.Nobody could imagine how inept those clowns were and it still tarnishes this club that two of them are still here!

I get your optimism but lets see what our squad looks like at the end of the window!

For me the main thing over the last few months is how many times I expected ā€œtypical Sunderlandā€ to show up and they didnā€™t.

Heading for a disappointing 0-0 draw with Gillingham on 94 mins: we scored a winner.

Drawing a crucial away game to Oxford after leading: we scored a winner.

Blowing a 2-0 lead at home to Shrewsbury to be drawing after 90mins: we scored a winner.

Failing to put our chances away at home to Wednesday, and they equalize on their patch with time running out: we go up the other end and get one.

Playing a team who have bullied us at times, with three times as many fans as them, at Wembley: we won comfortably.

We have kept the bulk of the squad together and added one promising young player already. Alex Neil seems to really know what heā€™s doing both tactically and in managing being at a club like ours.

Canā€™t wait for the season to start tbh.

I really hope you are right! but going into that season with the squad we had and the despite my doubts about donald and co i really thought that squad was too good for league one football and we would not be in the league one mire for four long years.Nobody could imagine how inept those clowns were and it still tarnishes this club that two of them are still here!

I get your optimism but lets see what our squad looks like at the end of the window!
Yeah without doubtā€¦..noone really knew prior to the start of that first season under Ross though, that Josh Maja would potentially be our key to promotion, or that we would ultimately lose out on promotion because we didnt have a dominant Centre half.
I go into this season confident already that we have a decent spine which i think will be strengthend further before the season starts

Back