Great albums you've only recently discovered

'Mindgames' Sjunne Ferger.
A instant balearic classic. Reminds me in some ways of 'E2-E4' by Manuel Göttsching.

'Heavy Weather' Weather Report
Jazz funk you can actually listen to.
Waiting for @Sneech to wade in with disgust and inform me I've gone a bit 'yacht rock'-ish

The S Ferger album is only around a fortnight old I think. I need to listen to this.

Not recently discovered, cos I've been aware of it for as long as it's been available, but I'm currently 7 tracks in to my first ever listen-though of Horses by Patti Smith. It's a bit too angsty and trying-a-bit-too-hard-to-be-deep-and-meaningful for my liking, so doubt it'll get a second listen-through.
Vastly overrated and pretentious as owt. Bin it.

Not recently discovered, cos I've been aware of it for as long as it's been available, but I'm currently 7 tracks in to my first ever listen-though of Horses by Patti Smith. It's a bit too angsty and trying-a-bit-too-hard-to-be-deep-and-meaningful for my liking, so doubt it'll get a second listen-through.

It's one of those 'had to be there at the time' albums I reckon. Like Trout Mask Replica.

Requiem for a rave - post human (2021) - having never been to a rave I can’t comment if it’s completely off or not but some decent tracks on it.

Cables - bill laurance trio (2019)

Back