Grayson is great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moyes MKII. Came in and everyone loving the straight talking when it came to Kone. Afew results go astray and that's that

How many times do we keep blaming managers before we realise there are far bigger issues at the club
we all know the shambolic methods of owner and bain etc.

however Grayson has shown no idea whatsoever of preventing every home game this season, being virtually identical.

that is his job, does he have any idea of how to set up the team, to win a home game, or even score first in one?

its abysmal and the next two home games need winning well, or that is the finish

untenable if not won

When are you going to give up man. We've just had a full season of mogadon man. Now we have someone with a positive attitude we might at least see some improvement. It can't have been easy having to look at depressing dates miserable puss every day.

No bells, no whistles, no frills, no excuses, no bullshit. Right up my street.
:lol::lol:
I never ever pretended to know anything about footy TBF imho there mate. That’s a canny well aimed kick in the nuts btw.

Since I opened the post my Dad has become seriously ill, I'm typing this from his bedside. Really does make you realise that football is just not worth stressing over.
Very true mate. I hope it goes well for you both.

If the team look a disorganised, unfit mess and individual players don't even look like they know what they are supposed to be doing, then who are we to blame?
The players. Obviously.
So what's the role of a manager (at any club). Using your logic they aren't required.
Your logic is simplistic at best.
If you think paid professionals can get away with being as disorganised, unfit, clueless and a mess as our shower have been, and simply sit back whilst someone else is taking the rap for them, then you deserve to be 'entertained' by such hapless bastards.
When paid professionals turn up to learn to do their job better than they have been doing, then a manager is given something to work with; he then deserves the criticism and / or acolades that ensue.
There isn't a manager out there who can rely on half arsed bastards to do their best.

How many times do we keep blaming managers before we realise there are far bigger issues at the club
100% this

If you think paid professionals can get away with being as disorganised, unfit, clueless and a mess as our shower have been, and simply sit back whilst someone else is taking the rap for them, then you deserve to be 'entertained' by such hapless bastards.
When paid professionals turn up to learn to do their job better than they have been doing, then a manager is given something to work with; he then deserves the criticism and / or acolades that ensue.
There isn't a manager out there who can rely on half arsed bastards to do their best.

100% this
Absolute bullshit. A decent manager can motivate players. Despite their huge salaries players are human and need to be motivated.

In your world managers shouldn't be needed.

Absolute bullshit. A decent manager can motivate players. Despite their huge salaries players are human and need to be motivated.

In your world managers shouldn't be needed.
False conclusion.
In my world, managers who have been given adequate resources should be judged on performance.

False conclusion.
In my world, managers who have been given adequate resources should be judged on performance.

He has adequate resources. He probably has more than adequate resources. That squad is not a second bottom in the Champo squad. We're set up wrong and trying to play a system with the wrong players. We have a team that's small and we're playing a long ball game where our little skillful guys are taking on bigger blokes in heading competitions, rather than playing with the ball at their feet.

The players will appreciate it too if someone like Allardyce comes in. They'll know their roles and be well set up.
As if allardyce would come back here man. Do people not realise that our standard of manager is going down and down, get rid of Grayson and we're looking at someone with even lower stock.

100% this

Absolute tripe. If the majority of supporters aren't behind you and the whole of the squad don't buy into your ideas and play for you, what's the common denominator of the problem? Simon Muppetson.

Results on the pitch and confidence/man management in training are how you get everyone on side. Grayson isn't respected or liked enough to get them. Every manager previously has had there even Moyes to a certain extent.

The key to success as a manager is in getting the best out of your players and making it better than the sum of it's parts. Allardyce Pulis Dyche that style of management would work fine at SAFC. Grayson is doing the exact opposite.

He deserves credit for bringing decent players in with very little money, but then deserves equal criticism for getting just about every player (bar McGeady) playing way below their ability levels.

Last edited:
Reactions: WHD
He has adequate resources. He probably has more than adequate resources. That squad is not a second bottom in the Champo squad. We're set up wrong and trying to play a system with the wrong players. We have a team that's small and we're playing a long ball game where our little skillful guys are taking on bigger blokes in heading competitions, rather than playing with the ball at their feet.
Been saying this for AGES. You absolutely must have big strong blokes in your side to win the ball, and keep it. See Stoke of old, Bolton, West Brom (Pulis, he knows) The only 6ft guys in our team (that play) are the goalies & 2 CB's. Only Vaughn & N'Dong are average height; THE REST ARE f***ing GNOMES. Our players just get rid quick, anywhere, to anyone, as they know they will probably lose the ball, hence the long ball and no game plan. Yes they try hard, but we are just overran every single game, even with 5 gnomes in midfield, won't maker much difference hence nothing works. I bet if we filled our team with big lads, or even 5 regular ones, it would be a totally different story out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back