Grassing your neighbours for going out repeatedly.

My neighbour has got twitchy curtains at the best of times. After the 8 o'clock NHS clap in on Thursday he asked if he could have a word with me and had a go because my Daughter had been visiting.

What actually happened was she had dropped some shopping off for me at the front door, which I opened and took into the house. I then went to the door and spoke to her as she stood halfway up the drive for a couple of minutes.
As she was getting back into her car she asked me if I would get something of hers out of the house (she moved out just before this kicked off and still has a lot of her stuff at home). I agreed and told her to go the back of the house while I got it. I opened the Conservatory door let the dog out so she could say hello to him in the garden.
I got what she wanted and put it at the conservatory door, she picked it up put it in her car and left.

The thing is, I feel as if he is watching me all the time now and it's really unsettled me. I'm usually a very calm person, but now i'm second guessing myself every time I go out of the house to walk the dog or even go to work. It's horrible.
I’d have strangled the little bastard if he pulled me questioning who comes to my door.
Haha, that's exactly what happened. He said she she should have dropped the shopping at the door and left.
f***ing go out now and punch the cûnt.

Last edited:
I cannot imagine any set of circumstances where I would consider phoning the Gestapo to report my neighbours for going about their business.
Neither would the two or three on this thread pretending to.
They are obviously taking the piss and people are falling for it.One is even pretending to live in a flat to make the story sound plausible

My neighbour has got twitchy curtains at the best of times. After the 8 o'clock NHS clap in on Thursday he asked if he could have a word with me and had a go because my Daughter had been visiting.

What actually happened was she had dropped some shopping off for me at the front door, which I opened and took into the house. I then went to the door and spoke to her as she stood halfway up the drive for a couple of minutes.
As she was getting back into her car she asked me if I would get something of hers out of the house (she moved out just before this kicked off and still has a lot of her stuff at home). I agreed and told her to go the back of the house while I got it. I opened the Conservatory door let the dog out so she could say hello to him in the garden.
I got what she wanted and put it at the conservatory door, she picked it up put it in her car and left.

The thing is, I feel as if he is watching me all the time now and it's really unsettled me. I'm usually a very calm person, but now i'm second guessing myself every time I go out of the house to walk the dog or even go to work. It's horrible.

Just punch him allover marra.

my neighbours done some questionable things during this but its none of my fecking business.

In most circumstances that would be a very reasonable response. And of course there are lots of reports out there of people getting it wrong and getting stressy about stuff that’s not what it appears

But

If you are witnessing behaviour that is potentially going to impact on the spread of the virus, that is going to place someone in danger - and if it’s the ‘perpetrator’ that’s at risk then think of the variety of health workers that would be placed at risk - then multiply it by the potential numbers of people who are ignoring or breaching guidelines and we ALL could be in longer lockdown than we need to be with all that entails.

I’m just posing an alternative perspective to the ‘none of my business’ take on it.

I tend towards the view that you offer- but these are changed times.

It’s a right bugger if you get the whole thing wrong like so I’d definitely need to be extremely concerned before I made a call to get something checked out

Back