Grass verge outside house

You need to check your registered title, it's probably with your deeds (if you've got them) or you may have been given a copy at the time of purchase from your conveyancer. If not, you can order a copy from Land registry for 3 quid or so. The council will be able to check their ownership if you give them a call. If it's DCC I can take a look for you.

It's a council ploy to leave it to grow to a jungle to see if you will break and go out and cut it yourself. If everyone in the street does it then they've saved themselves a few quid. They're already doing it with the bins.

Cover it with concrete

It’s the only thing to do
He could try and burn it first. He's got to at least try using fire.

Yes but have to prove that the original owner hasn’t maintained it.

Usually involves you putting a fence around it, if the owners don’t remove the fence then you can claim it after 7 years iirc.

The Facts on Unclaimed Land and Property in the UK

Ten years for registered land, 12 years for unregistered.
Get in! Only two more years until our extended garden is legal!!:D

This is exactly how Hitler got started, careful you don't get carried away or you'll have invaded the bowling green down the road before you know it.

If you do want to extend your family's lebenstraum, i would suggest focusing your efforts on securing one piece of land before moving on to the next.

Uniforms that make you look like the baddies should also be avoided.

:lol:

I have one too. So keep your hands off it. Its there for a purpose, for dogs to shite on.

Its funny actually, how some dog owners are totally unaware. Two instances that come to mind. I was out on said grass verge, cutting back an overhanging bush, and less than two feet behind me is a dog on a lead having a crap. The owner actually smiled at me just before my twisted look of disgust registered on in her brain.
The other instance was when i had bricks delivered, and i was carrying them in my arms to the back of the house. As i'm picking them up this woman allows her dog to piss all over the bricks. We had words.

This is exactly how Hitler got started, careful you don't get carried away or you'll have invaded the bowling green down the road before you know it.

If you do want to extend your family's lebenstraum, i would suggest focusing your efforts on securing one piece of land before moving on to the next.

Uniforms that make you look like the baddies should also be avoided.
Our uniforms have skulls on them...

:lol:

I have one too. So keep your hands off it. Its there for a purpose, for dogs to shite on.

Its funny actually, how some dog owners are totally unaware. Two instances that come to mind. I was out on said grass verge, cutting back an overhanging bush, and less than two feet behind me is a dog on a lead having a crap. The owner actually smiled at me just before my twisted look of disgust registered on in her brain.
The other instance was when i had bricks delivered, and i was carrying them in my arms to the back of the house. As i'm picking them up this woman allows her dog to piss all over the bricks. We had words.
That's your own fault for not claiming your territory by pissing on them first.

You need to check your registered title, it's probably with your deeds (if you've got them) or you may have been given a copy at the time of purchase from your conveyancer. If not, you can order a copy from Land registry for 3 quid or so. The council will be able to check their ownership if you give them a call. If it's DCC I can take a look for you.

What is DCC ?

I had a right fuck on buying a strip of land down the side of ours.
Deeds said we didn't own it, nor did the council when we checked. In the end we used a solicitor to track down the house builder going back to the mid 70s. Took about 18 months to sort out.

tbe council don't seem to cut it so can I assume it's part of my house 'plot', strip of grass in between front hedge and concrete path ?

Just move hedge to edge of path if council say anything apologise and say you will move it back. After a while they will forget about it and it's yours

This is going to be a bit of a battle. The council are leaving it to grow across your gates and then will refuse you access to your property. They will then demand £12k from you for this ransom strip. Meanwhile you are moving your hedge forward an inch a year. Who will win??

Back