Grant

Fuck off with this shit man. Leave the bloke be. Far too many people wanting to jump on the back of other people’s peoblems to try and convince people they care.

Probably not the place to air my problems

Well every one on here knas anyway

But it really is good to talk this is what or hopefully mental health supposed to bend about

I

:lol:

I'm normally up to date with stuff so not sure how this has slipped the net. Assume he's having some personal problems and that's why he's not been on the scene?
still greiving for parents who passed away.. One of which (his Mum, IIRC) was 2 days before the playoff final

I didn't know what it was about either but this was in the Chronicle

The reason for the 34-year-old's absence from the squad for the defeat at Portsmouth was initially given as illness, but Parkinson later confirmed he will not be considered for selection for a few weeks due to personal matters.

The Black Cats boss said: "Grant is going to have a few weeks away.

"He's got some personal issues he needs to sort and we're going to give him any help we can.

"He's going to have some time away from the club and hopefully he'll come back stronger and fitter than ever."

To be fair to the club depression is an illness. We won't start making progress until mental illnesses are recognised as illnesses, but ones which affect the mind, not the body. There should be no more stigma to having depression than there would be to having appendicitis.

To be fair to the club depression is an illness. We won't start making progress until mental illnesses are recognised as illnesses, but ones which affect the mind, not the body. There should be no more stigma to having depression than there would be to having appendicitis.
Spot on, Grumpy, la. Mind, spirit and body are inextricably linked, something recognised for centuries by Eastern philosophies & traditional Chinese medicine. Despite a lot of talk of the benefits of taking an holistic approach, Western medicine is still playing catch up.

I think sometimes we forget these people are human beings going through the same sort of problems as you and I. The lads a legend in my eyes and deserves our full backing

I agree with the sentiment of compassion but what is this legend stuff?? Seriously Grant Leadbitter’s high point throughout both times at the club would peak at average. Sorry if that sounds harsh given the shit he’s going through right now. But we need to stop saying crap like legend for players who are frankly....well...shit really

I agree with the sentiment of compassion but what is this legend stuff?? Seriously Grant Leadbitter’s high point throughout both times at the club would peak at average. Sorry if that sounds harsh given the shit he’s going through right now. But we need to stop saying crap like legend for players who are frankly....well...shit really
Hope that made you feel better

Back