Grannie Annies

Class. Nice place.

Didn't some chain of Irish pubs have a problem with using the same name as them when they first opened?

Glad they're getting recognition.

Another one in the eye for the sandies.

That's right there are some Grannie Annies pubs in Belfast and Derry I presume they didn't get anywhere with their legal challenge?

Roker and Seaburn is the place to be our twin resorts are thriving.

๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:
Imagine living in any other part of Sunderland and having a choice of one pub on a local night out
Handful of decent bars down there now- Wolsey, harbour view, Queen vic, poetic license, granny Annieโ€™s, six and Fausto when they go back to music nights. Also gonna be a new gin bar in the old toilets next to the VLB place
More than enough to get a buzz on

Give it another go mate. One thing I like about it is the staff are spot on. Friendly bunch, not up their own arses like some bars and not lazy. The couple running it are obviously doing a decent job.

Will have to get my band on there like.

I've certainly enjoyed my visits there.

What sort of music do you play?

Handful of decent bars down there now- Wolsey, harbour view, Queen vic, poetic license, granny Annieโ€™s, six and Fausto when they go back to music nights. Also gonna be a new gin bar in the old toilets next to the VLB place
More than enough to get a buzz on
The Avenue just up the road is a great pub also. And the Albion beer garden is great when the weather's nice. Good drinking area now.

You say that as if itโ€™s a bad thing
Suppose they all congregate in one place now ๐Ÿ˜‰
@Butcher's Coat goes in there for his picky tea while his dog shits on the floor

It was like the Star Wars bar but it much better now. The beer is miles better now

been in once pre lockdown and it was horrendous. Iโ€™ll have to be blootered to go back in again it was that bad.

Last edited:
Suppose they all congregate in one place now ๐Ÿ˜‰

been in once pre lockdown and it was horrendous. Iโ€™ll have to be blootered to go back in again it was that bad.
The lad who owns it (his Dad's money) is a canny lad, if a bit daft. He has been getting Vaux beer in and I'm quite impressed...their IPA is not too far away from Neck Oil

Back