Grandparents and kids

I'm not released until 1st August, so it's a family BBQ in the garden that day. My granddaughters are 12 and 13 so hugs and kisses have not been a thing for a couple of years, they're more into chucking a bucket of water over me while I'm sitting in the garden and posting it online.
It will be nice to have them around in the house though, even if they sit on their phones and demand food every 10 minutes.
:lol:

We've been to my parents with the kids and the parents have been here. Not for long. 30 mins max. It was just at the end of the driveway though until we were allowed in gardens.

There's been no discussion of them taking the kids. I will leave it up to them to offer. They usually collect them from school twice a week which allows me to get to the gym. And they would usually have them a couple of days during the holidays.

What's the general take on this this then? Are grandkids starting to have more interactions with grandparents now things seem under control. We're starting to think it may be ok to do so but are waiting for the official nod first. What are other people doing? Either way we'll leave it up to the grandparents to decide I think as they are mostv

Full steam ahead from me - at me mam and dads request. They only did video calls / spoke to the bairns from the street during the "full lockdown" but it hurt them - yes there are risks but life is risky and everyone should judge their own appetite for risk. What's life without love and companionship especially for older people. I'm not downplayng the virus but I think a lot of kids will have issues in years to come unfortunately.
My Mam is making our dinner on Sunday. It'll be the first time in her house since March. They're sleeping at our lasses Mams next weekend so we can go out.

Nice one - then an early night :lol:

What's the general take on this this then? Are grandkids starting to have more interactions with grandparents now things seem under control. We're starting to think it may be ok to do so but are waiting for the official nod first. What are other people doing? Either way we'll leave it up to the grandparents to decide I think as they are mostv

Had both grandmas down to stay for a couple of days, and been to theirs for a few nights as well. Daughters back in nursery as well so there is a risk but all parties are happy.

We are, luckily she has a very good job and we can afford childcare but it's still a lot. My wage is average at best, so I've gone part time at the moment for childcare reasons. We're trying to get the kids back into some sort of normal routine currently. Eldest back at school 3 days a week and the odc half day in nursery for the littleun. We were considering me going part time anyway before this all kicked off. We are thinking its maybe time to let them spend time with the grandparents now, even if against the rules.

Very good job or very well paid job? My best jobs were lesser paid.

Towards the end of lockdown were letting the bairn see my grandparents as they were missing him.

Since the bairn has gone back to nursery (which he needed for his mental health and development) we have decided to distance from them again.

It's tough because they miss him and I am used to visiting then at least once week but my grandparents are both mid 80s and my grandma has asthma and borderline diabetes so I feel the risk is too high.

Not sure what the forward solution is because I will be back at work full time at the end of the month.

Back