Grand national weekend starts tomorrow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

He always does the same, loan thread was a classic!

Then spunks in on corporate hospitality playing the biggun!

I hate you
Just noticed he'd started a thread and thought I'd pop in see what misery and narrow minded pettiness he was spreading tonight.

If you want a chavtastic racing day out where you can see fuck all and are surrounded by pisscans try Cartmel on an August bank holiday weekend.

My worst ever racing 'experience'.

Expensive, but a great weekend I'd bet, I'd fancy it but a trip like that isn't really in my price range tbh. I'll just stick to spunking a tenner at the bookies as ever - last of the big spenders me ;)

Full of horrible micks.

Goodwood is the best meet

Goodwood is a brilliant few days, but you do get a few less desirables on the Saturday. Imo, most of the big festivals (York, Ascot, Goodwood, Chelt), are brilliant during the week, but go downhill as the weekend approaches. Events such as ladies day at Gosforth should be avoided by the plague.

It should also be noted, over the last few years there has been a notable decline in what people think is appropriate to wear in the nice parts of the course. Short dresses for lasses; and f***ing bow ties for men, should be banned. In fact, last year I went all Alan Partridge and asked for one person to be removed from one area of a course, because the classless twat was wearing one of those bow tie suits.

The national itself is a very good day, but over the last 10 years it's been trashed by chavs. To deter them from the nice parts of the course, Aintree have hammered up the prices.

I'm off there on Saturday with my good wife and can't wait. Finish work tomorrow, head down to southport on Friday, meet friends who live there, national and all day session on the Saturday then back home on Sunday. Monday off work too so an extra recovery day. Double seven or Holywell to win the big race.
Great day out

I was there for Aldiniti and Bob Champion :oops:

Goodwood is a brilliant few days, but you do get a few less desirables on the Saturday. Imo, most of the big festivals (York, Ascot, Goodwood, Chelt), are brilliant during the week, but go downhill as the weekend approaches. Events such as ladies day at Gosforth should be avoided by the plague.

It should also be noted, over the last few years there has been a notable decline in what people think is appropriate to wear in the nice parts of the course. Short dresses for lasses; and f***ing bow ties for men, should be banned. In fact, last year I went all Alan Partridge and asked for one person to be removed from one area of a course, because the classless twat was wearing one of those bow tie suits.

The national itself is a very good day, but over the last 10 years it's been trashed by chavs. To deter them from the nice parts of the course, Aintree have hammered up the prices.
The big days have been totally ruined for me. The Derby day is a f***ing car crash now. Such a shame.

Think my favourite day out aside from goodwood is the eclipse at Sandown. That's not been infiltrated yet

Did two years in a row at Cheltenham in the cheap bit, Best Mate I think, both years it was beautiful weather which meant the crowd was dispersed. The next year, it was baltic, racing was still in doubt as we were on the train there but this resulted in all attendees remaining in the tent to keep warm. I won't be going back to that area, absolutely rancid.

Did Tatts last year and that wasn't much better to be honest. I 'd rather sit in a pub, getting served no bother and watch it on the tv from now on (unless we all saved up for some sort of hospitality, hoying slash over the side excepted)

Been to the third day of Cheltenham before and that was quality, apart from that and the Ebor at York I usually prefer the smaller meetings.

Thirsk, Uttoxeter and Ripon my three favourites.

Been to the third day of Cheltenham before and that was quality, apart from that and the Ebor at York I usually prefer the smaller meetings.

Thirsk, Uttoxeter and Ripon my three favourites.
Haydocks decent, got tickets for the temple stakes which is always a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back