RAWA Grand Central Information

Ghandi Floss

Striker
We’ve just had this from GC via the Transport Police, after trying all week to get some more detailed information.

On the Saturday, we’re currently anticipating around 2350 passengers, with a capacity of 2450 passenger with a moderate level of standees on each train.

We’re running an additional service on Saturday morning, departing at 0844 non-stop from Sunderland to London with 584 unreserved seats, returning on Monday at 1221 from London, again with 584 unreserved seats.

Other contingency arrangements are in place to enable passengers to make their way to London, in the event that demand in higher than expected.

Passengers will be kept up to date on arrangements by Grand Central staff, who will be present at Sunderland Station throughout the day.

On Saturday 30th, a queuing system will take place at Sunderland Station for the majority of the day. Anyone that hasn’t yet collected their tickets are advised to do so prior to Saturday 30th. Passengers without reservations will be queued to await access to each service, with a set level for each train, to avoid the potential for overcrowding. Passengers without reservations are advised to arrive at Sunderland as early as possible and queue at the North Concourse entrance (Union Street), and should be aware that there are likely to have to wait for a significant period of timeto board a GC service. Access for those passengers with reservations will be via the South Concourse (Ticket Office entrance).

We are confident that all passengers making journeys to London on Saturday will reach their intended destination, however, for anyone not holding reservations for a specific train we cannot offer any assurance as to what time they will reach London.

People may not be able to even get on the train due to overcrowding.
theres an abundance of trains from the north east that go southbound. theres also coaches.

They're getting on a train. A train to London. London.

It doesn't get any bigger than this.
entitlement level 1000.

mind you, i'm surprised the club didn't try and charter a train or two. then again, if they did everyone would whine like fuck because it wasn't free, or they didn't get enough legroom, or that it took longer than the bus does to peterlee ffs.

Last edited:
theres an abundance of trains from the north east that go southbound. theres also coaches.

entitlement level 1000.

mind you, i'm surprised the club didn't try and charter a train or two. then again, if they did everyone would whine like fuck because it wasn't free, or they didn't get enough legroom, or that it took longer than the bus does to peterlee ffs.

Nailed it mate.

"But the free water was absolutely unreal, I had nine bottles of it and almost drowned"

entitlement level 1000.

Hope you're right. But they wouldn't get on a coach if they've already booked a seat on a train.

entitlement level 1000.

People have paid decent money for the train and just want to get from a to b in a timely manner. I don't think anyone is asking for too much.

There is clearly a risk that those on GC trains may have a lengthy wait if they don't get on first two trains in the morning. Hopefully they will though.

Back