Grand Central bids to increase links between Sunderland, Hartlepool and London

Discussion in 'SMB' started by MrOompapa, May 16, 2018.

1. Forty

Forty Central Defender

No its still there.

2. KENT-FTM

KENT-FTM Midfield

Love Grand Central me.

First thing I always do when I step off at Sunderland is to pop into Milligans and get a Scotch pie.

Then I know I'm "home":cool:

3. Sam Handwich

Sam Handwich Winger

It's all still accessible. The hard part would be keeping the pikeys from stealing the rails overnight while it was under construction

4. EDGE

EDGE Winger

Try the Cornish Pasties. Yummmm!

5. citybythesea

citybythesea Central Defender

Developing road and rail links south of Sunderland should be a priority. We should use the geographical location to develop better partnerships with east Durham and south Tyneside.

A better southern link road between the port and A19 could help the port's economic appeal

royaldragon and MrOompapa like this.
  6. gillythedilf

gillythedilf Striker

They have just built the link Rd from the Hendon Grange to the A19 .Not that it’s used much like .
    Sunderland’s biggest problem is it’s geography .People don’t pass through it and it’s stuck on the coast out of the way of the main drag,only use the Rd to Sunderland if your going to Sunderland .Its like an island .

7. hairynaker

hairynaker Midfield

There is a 05:40 that gets you there for 09:07

8. SPUFF

SPUFF Striker

Na mate earliest gc gets you in kc for 10.20

9. Daylight

Daylight Central Defender

It has been for many years

10. hairynaker

hairynaker Midfield

Just looking at grand central now for 5th June and there is one there. Unless that's not with grand central?

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  11. SPUFF

SPUFF Striker

Its not mate but go night before with them for just £25 n get digs?

12. hairynaker

hairynaker Midfield

Thing is the return times are shite as well and there must be something happening that day as the cost is through the roof on there and virgineastcoast. That means I would stay and come back the next day.

Only 67 quid to go down on the day at the time I want with virgin.

13. SPUFF

SPUFF Striker

Thats cheap like. Snap there hands off. Then get chesp train home next day maybe?

14. The Butcher

The Butcher Winger

Its virgin, gc still sell other tkts

15. hairynaker

hairynaker Midfield

Pretty standard for around 6.44 train from Durham. Return is normally similar.

16. SPUFF

SPUFF Striker

I can never book till very late mate. Peak your roughly talking 200 virgin/130 gc and more convenient. Last time I looked at a virgin 6am single it was 130ish. Could have a gc/digs n a few jars for that.

17. Dmac1969

Dmac1969 Winger

I don’t think they could now the Metro runs to Sunderland. Metro is 1500V DC and the national network uses 25KV AC.

nyron4england likes this.
  18. nyron4england

nyron4england Winger

Grand Central?

19. hairynaker

hairynaker Midfield

It was on the grand central website but apparently it's a virgin train.

20. nyron4england

nyron4england Winger

it is a virgin train. grand central have no trains that get into london before 9am. even the one you quoted, that isn't GC, still doesnt get in before 9 am :lol: