Grand Central bids to increase links between Sunderland, Hartlepool and London

Discussion in 'SMB' started by MrOompapa, May 16, 2018.

1. MrOompapa

MrOompapa Striker

2. PTR

PTR Striker

Good. I'm a big fan of GC.

3. zwartekat

zwartekat Striker

Good news. The service from Sunderland seems underappreciated so any consolidation must help.

Fusco likes this.
  4. MrOompapa

MrOompapa Striker

Demand is far exceeding supply by the sound of it. Hopefully this can bring prices down a tad.

5. Harbour Boy

Harbour Boy Midfield

Would get it more but the times are normally crap

Nicky Winterwasp likes this.
  6. zwartekat

zwartekat Striker

Their prices can be reasonable - my son and my daughter went down to stay with my brother in London for a few days in March and I think their tickets were £33 return. Haven't been myself for a while but usually used them for work trips and they were often incredibly cheaper than going via the big companies through Newcastle. For early meetings it was often cheaper to get a later GC train the day before and a budget-type hotel for the night rather than get through to Newcastle for the early trains. Usually made for a more relaxing trip.

7. Narraback

Narraback Winger

Last time we used GC we payed £135 return for a family of four. Great value and service.

WDGC

Bladecat and 1more like this.
  8. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Central Defender

6.45am, 8.45am, 12.30pm, 3.30pm and 5.30pm - doesn't really get any more convenient than that to be honest mate.

Boris Bear likes this.
  9. Harbour Boy

Harbour Boy Midfield

What if you're down London for a match that finishes at 4:50?

10. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Central Defender

Aye fair enough.

11. spelk

spelk Goalkeeper

There’s a 7pm train on a weekend

Harbour Boy likes this.
  12. toxic tracksuit

toxic tracksuit Subs Bench

I know the station isn't going to win any awards, but it really isn't as bad as most make out. They've made the best of what they had.

GC service and price is excellent. Good for York / Thirsk days out as well. About the same time overall as going to Durham or Newcastle for the east coast ripoff

13. nyron4england

nyron4england Winger

not really sure what people expect to be honest. :lol:
    there isn't a weekday train that gets you into London before 9am. thats my only gripe.

14. Fletch

Fletch Striker

is the service reliable now ?

15. Brexit

Brexit Winger

What's wrong with the station? Pubs near, bait places near, bogs, seats, screens. Am I missing summit?

16. Harbour Boy

Harbour Boy Midfield

It's visitors first and last impression of the city.

17. Dmac1969

Dmac1969 Winger

Needs to have an impressive victorian overall roof like York to be truly impressive! It had one but Uncle Adolf saw to that.

18. Brexit

Brexit Winger

I must not be a typical visitor when I go places. Couldn't give a shite about anything like that.

yyy and andy like this.
  19. Fletch

Fletch Striker

its absolutely shite mate , needs ripping up and replacing from scratch

20. MrOompapa

MrOompapa Striker

Burger king :lol:

Oh and it has no toilets, is this a sarcastic post or did you genuinely not know this? :lol: