Graham Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Striker
Clark doing a great job in recent weeks of shutting up his critics. To be fair to the lad all he can do, he is doing.

Long may it continue too.

Hope this is the coming of age of him like it was Jennings.

We knew at the start of the season that players who'd done little in previous years would suddenly have to make things happen and step up to the mark if we were to have any sort of success.

Keep it going marra.

Played against him couple year ago at eppleton when he was at Newcastle. He scored a ton and looked a cut above.
Be nice to see him doing well.

He definitely has the ability IMO he's just struggled to make the step up from 2XI cricket to 1XI. Doesn't seem to get many breaks either and is often the victim of poor umpiring decisions. Thursday night being another but at least he had runs on the board this time. Hopefully the Ton today will do his confidence wonders and he can kick on and become a major contributor to our batting.

As I stated on the last thread about Graham Clark. The transition from 2nd Team to 1st Team is massive. He needs time to adjust and hopefully he will be given that time now he has shown what he is capable of. I know its early days but his last couple of innings have been a breath of fresh air.
He needs time to adjust to 4 day cricket so he can obviously develop in that format.
Lets hope he can do it as we don't have many other options.

As I stated on the last thread about Graham Clark. The transition from 2nd Team to 1st Team is massive. He needs time to adjust and hopefully he will be given that time now he has shown what he is capable of. I know its early days but his last couple of innings have been a breath of fresh air.
He needs time to adjust to 4 day cricket so he can obviously develop in that format.

This. Stick with the lads, simple as that

aye, and seconds after a thread about how well he is doing gets posted he is out.

classic curse

Nah, wasn't like. He was on 69 when I created the thread. Even if he got out for 69 the point remained. Seeing how he went and scored another 30-odd means you're wrang ;)

Nah, wasn't like. He was on 69 when I created the thread. Even if he got out for 69 the point remained. Seeing how he went and scored another 30-odd means you're wrang ;)

must've been one of the two replies then you are cleared of all charges :lol:

jumped from middle order with the seconds to opening with the firsts anarl iirc. huge ask.

hope he goes on to be a solid player for us

We don't have many options, some players need to step up this year. Some will not be good enough, some will prove themselves.

Lets see if he can do it in the 4day game

4 day average this season?

I'm not sure what your issue is really. These last two knocks don't prove a great deal and either do his 7 or 8 first class games spread over quite a while. He clearly not an established cricketer and he may or may not ever be. Ive never quite understood your level of negative passion towards him comes from though. Fair enough not rating him but it comes across as borderline hatred!

I'm not sure what your issue is really. These last two knocks don't prove a great deal and either do his 7 or 8 first class games spread over quite a while. He clearly not an established cricketer and he may or may not ever be. Ive never quite understood your level of negative passion towards him comes from though. Fair enough not rating him but it comes across as borderline hatred!
Ive asked what his 4 day average is, thats all, so why are you ranting and raving like a madman?

Ive asked what his 4 day average is, thats all, so why are you ranting and raving like a madman?

Because normally you 'rant and rave like a madman' about how completely and utterly shit and hopeless he is at every opportunity and then after a couple of class one day knocks your only comment is 'what his 4 day average?'.

Its irrational behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back