Graffiti artists !

If Anyone is interested a documentary made years ago mid '80's iirc on the graffiti scene/artists in NYC called Style Wars. I bought it years ago on DVD, cracking fillum. May well be available to stream online but I've never checked.

"Going all lines"

Here it is

If Anyone is interested a documentary made years ago mid '80's iirc on the graffiti scene/artists in NYC called Style Wars. I bought it years ago on DVD, cracking fillum. May well be available to stream online but I've never checked.

"Going all lines"

Here it is

Been watching a few old school Hip Hop documentaries lately, that one is a topper.:)

You have Graffiti artists and you have what they call 'Taggers', who 'Tag' their name quickly. The Taggers are the main vandals.
We only done 'pieces' on old factory buildings and such. But I must admit to doing pieces along the Sunderland to Newcastle railway line back in the 80's, I was a very naughty boy.;):)
f***ing criminal...

No, not really - I'm always torn on this - sometimes I see some graffiti that just absolutely blows my mind, but at the same time I am thinking, "really? You did it there?!?"...

I bet the number of graffiti artists who have sprayed up their living room walls is hovering around the zero mark. But they feel the need to force feed the public with their ‘art’.

Some is no doubt done by talented lads but much of it is an eyesore and I shouldn’t be forced to look at it on the train to Newcastle. It’s the badge of a run down neighbourhood innit? Don’t see much around Ashbrooke or other well to do neighbourhoods.

Mind, without graffit we’d never have been exposed to that cultural icon

“PENSHER WOOLYS EAT DEER”

I bet the number of graffiti artists who have sprayed up their living room walls is hovering around the zero mark. But they feel the need to force feed the public with their ‘art’.

Some is no doubt done by talented lads but much of it is an eyesore and I shouldn’t be forced to look at it on the train to Newcastle. It’s the badge of a run down neighbourhood innit? Don’t see much around Ashbrooke or other well to do neighbourhoods.

Mind, without graffit we’d never have been exposed to that cultural icon

“PENSHER WOOLYS EAT DEER”

BORO BEWARE!

Or sprayed allover Hartlepool:

CULLY BUMS DOGS.

You have Graffiti artists and you have what they call 'Taggers', who 'Tag' their name quickly. The Taggers are the main vandals.
We only done 'pieces' on old factory buildings and such. But I must admit to doing pieces along the Sunderland to Newcastle railway line back in the 80's, I was a very naughty boy.;):)
I like the stuff opposite Arabesque that was on old buildings, but that looked like it was sanctioned. Most graffiti is just an eyesore.

Should be judged on a case by case basis.

Some of it is just vandalism, but sometimes talented street artists are commissioned to do their work and sometimes they have permission to practice on a certain wall or building. You can't just say it's all vandalism because it isn't. Equally you can't just say its all art because some of it is just vandalism for the sake of vandalism.

I'm on a tablet, not a pc at the moment so I can't post links or images, but do a google image search for a streets artist called ROA. My favourite street artist. The guy goes all over the world doing his artwork, and he's f***ing brilliant at it.

Vandals. Good riddance. Thoughts are with the train driver.

... and the people who have to clear it all away.

An awful tragedy for those involved and their families. But it impacts on others too and despite my sympathy for the friends and loved ones of those that died there are reasons why people who work on the Railway are governed by strict safety regulation and why repeated campaigns warn against trespass.

Back