Graeme Beattie aka AB22 Easy Tiger - RIP

Seems like only a few days ago he was posting - possibly in the ‘Stupid Things About The USA’ thread - about the yanks’ inability to wrap their heads around the spelling / pronunciation of his name, and that the most common (and most irritating) were either “gram” or “greemy” 😃
That was one of the first places my head went when I heard the news. It was one of those “wait, but wasn’t I just talking with him and he seemed fine” moments.

Like I said earlier, it’s a real kick in the gut, and may he rest in peace.

Right this is the last I’m going to post about this for fear of being attentionseking Graeme would ping me regularly about the politics board telling me to stop taking the piss. He had it spot on. I reckon he saved me from a ban or two
The only time I got a ban Was by Graeme about 8 years ago or so. I posted a terrible, naff joke and got a message off him saying 'Awful joke, must do better, banned' :lol:
He lifted the ban about 2 hours later, joking that my jokes are really bad. I loved that sense of humour by him and he was right about my terrible quality of jokes. ;):)

Its not at all easy for me writing this, but those who know Graeme will know that he has suffered from health problems for a long time now, and sadly over the last couple of weeks his condition deteriorated.

The rest of the moderating team have been aware of this and we were all hoping beyond hope that he would recover again, as he has in the past, but sadly he lost his fight to live yesterday.

His daughter Rachel has just contacted me to let me know that he passed away peacefully and was not in any pain.

He has been a moderator and a huge help on these forums almost since the beginning and I have to say with his tact and diplomacy he has done a far better job at moderating than I could ever have done and I know he has befriended many of you personally, so I am sure this will be a huge shock to all, as it was to us,

RIP Graeme.
Gutted, Rachel is a friend of mine and I was unaware of this. RIP Graeme.

Back