Grace Millane - Body Found In Search For British Backpacker

Gibraltar Mackem

Central Defender
Apologies if SEB, couldn't see anything posted relating to this though.

The body of Grace Millane, a 22-year-old British backpacker, has been found in New Zealand. A 26-year-old man has been arrested and will be charged with murder tomorrow.

The way this world is these days I'm unfortunately not surprised by anything that goes on, but this one has hit me like a f***ing train. Same age as me and chasing a dream of travelling the world to see everything out there but ends up never returning home.

This world is fucked beyond repair.

Grace Millane murder: New Zealand police find body believed to be missing British backpacker

Backpacking?

Or family holiday?

City breaks stopping in areas where the locals live and holiday resorts where the locals go on holiday. Goes on trips out to see the real destination often using local public transport etc.

Aye it's a sad tale, lass has recently graduated & following her dreams, feel for the family who I'm sure gave her loads of warnings before travel

Been following the story, it didn't look good once the family advised she'd stopped posting on social media abruptly (after avidly updating everyone about her travels on a daily basis). Thankfully her alleged killer left a trail that led back to him and I'm just relieved for the family that her body has now been recovered.
There are evil people everywhere, but I do think folks (especially solo females) should be a little more self aware about their safety. I personally cringe at some of the risks I've taken over the years, but I changed my ways once I became a mother tbh.

Back