GPUs

These things seem to have been out of stock everywhere this year. Was hoping to get one before end of the year.

I'm not even looking for anything spectacular, the GTX 1650/1660 series would do fine. Around 1500mhz will do me as it's just a budget card I'm after.

Anyone know of any places with them in stock?

Last edited:

If you are local to Sunderland falcon computers have been getting stock.
I’ve been struggling to get a CPU for the last few weeks. No ryzens anywhere it seemed. It’s taken me 3 weeks to get anything. Ended up with a ryzen 5 3600x. Went from ryzen 3 3300x to a ryzen 3 3100 to ryzen 5 3600 and then finally 3600x.

These things seem to have been out of stock everywhere this year. Was hoping to get one before end of the year.

I'm not even looking for anything spectacular, the GTX 1650/1660 series would do fine. Around 1500mhz will do me as it's just a budget card I'm after.

You'd probably be better to wait, global shortage of components means prices are high atm.
This is in stock early jan but its 250 which imo is at least 50 quid to much.

Last edited:
Its all about timing, there was a back log from pre orders of the new CPUs and GPUs when they launched. But the retailers are starting to catch up and getting more and more deliveries.

I pre ordered a ryzen 5800x on launch day from overclockers but they didnt have a ETA, last week Currys had some available so I ordered one and got it delivered the next day.

I joined a stock alert discord that gave notifications as soon as items become available, you had to be quick and have the likes of 1 click checkout enabled but I managed to ordered everything I wanted.

I got a EVGA 3080 from amazon, I did jump on a 3080 founders edition from scan but decided to stick with the EVGA and cancelled the FE. I also managed to get a xbox series S.
Also amazon have allot of them listed as out of stock, but you can still add them to your basket and checkout.

Usually they give a eta but it speeds up, I ordered my 3080 on the 26th nov, the orig delivery date was 21st Dec but It was shipped a day or so later and I recieved it on the 29th.

Last edited:
cclonline has a notify me button, a couple of my mates have had luck with that when trying to get the 30 series cards.

not sure i'd bother waiting around for a new 1650/1660 to come in stock

If you're desperate and cant wait for whatever Nvidia or AMD might gift the low end gamer (if anything) then just go on ebay and try and snag something secondhand / refurbed

you could probs get an rx470/480/570/580 for around £100-£120 - the 8gb versions will give broadly similar performance to a 1660

or you could go one generation older and see what the prices are like on a secondhand r9 390x (I picked one up about a month ago for about £70) for again similar performance

Back