GPU advice

Scotty

Striker
ok wise ones, need some advice

after a new graphics card for my GF's (no) PC

nothing too extravagant as its only running an FX-8350, looking to replace her old GTS 450

less than £150 to spend, have narrowed it down to the following

RX 580 4GB
RX 570 8GB
GTX 1650
GTX 1050TI

all are roughly the same price at the mo, nothing more strenuous to run than WoW

is it still safe to assume AMD for the extra grunt, Nvidia for the lower power draw?

ok wise ones, need some advice

after a new graphics card for my GF's (no) PC

nothing too extravagant as its only running an FX-8350, looking to replace her old GTS 450

less than £150 to spend, have narrowed it down to the following

RX 580 4GB
RX 570 8GB
GTX 1650
GTX 1050TI

all are roughly the same price at the mo, nothing more strenuous to run than WoW

is it still safe to assume AMD for the extra grunt, Nvidia for the lower power draw?

all those will run wow on max in open world etc you night have to reduce the graphics settings in wow for raid and dungeons to between 5 and 7 for good smoth frames imo i have the 1050ti and noramlly to have it on 7 and particle density low to stop any frame lags when there is a lot going on etc.

bit over your budget with delivery but overclockers currently have a 590 cheaper than the 580

This looks a canny deal Scotty

Last edited:
What do you have in it at the moment? 8320 will be a bottleneck at some point. Although they overclock very well if you have a good motherboard (vrm is the crux). Mine ran at 4Ghz across all cores nicely.

What do you have in it at the moment? 8320 will be a bottleneck at some point. Although they overclock very well if you have a good motherboard (vrm is the crux). Mine ran at 4Ghz across all cores nicely.

it has my very old gts 450 in it

went for the 580 8gb in the end

not really interested in overclocking - she just uses it for WoW

Back