GP - Walk in Centre

No point going. I simply did yoga and got rid of it. Sit properly, walk properly and do yoga. The doctor will give you drugs and that’s it

He's got hundreds of satisfied customers but because he won't squeeze you into his tight schedule he's a joke and failing at his job.
How do you know that? How do you know there aren't loads of people unhappy with the system that doesn't work unless you are out of work or a pensioner?
How do you know that this isn't the first time it's happened?
If you have nothing to add to the thread then post somewhere else.

My useless twat of a Doctor's has no appointments until 13th Nov (unless I call in at 0800 every morning to try and get one on the day - something that isn't convenient as I work 20 miles way from home) and I urgently need to see a doctor for (suspected) nerve damage in my back.
Is this something I can go to a wlk-in-centre with? Ultimately I'm looking for a referal for a scan to see what the damage is.
Alternatively, can I pay to see a private GP? Do such things even exist?

Any advice?
Do you live in the Sunderland area

How do you know that? How do you know there aren't loads of people unhappy with the system that doesn't work unless you are out of work or a pensioner?
How do I have nothing to add ? You mean you don't want me to post because I won't just happily agree that your doctor is a wanker. No probs mate I'll leave your thread alone and you can crack on.

So it's ok to fully book your diary and leave no slots for in-day urgent apts? People have to give notice of being sick ?

It's the referral for an MRI that I'm after, I don't expect that useless sack of shit a) care, b) cure me, or c) be anything other than a lazy fuck

Is it Sunderland Royal? I might be able to help

Is it Sunderland Royal? I might be able to help
Inbox me

My useless twat of a Doctor's has no appointments until 13th Nov (unless I call in at 0800 every morning to try and get one on the day - something that isn't convenient as I work 20 miles way from home) and I urgently need to see a doctor for (suspected) nerve damage in my back.
Is this something I can go to a wlk-in-centre with? Ultimately I'm looking for a referal for a scan to see what the damage is.

Any advice?

The doctor MUST see you the same day if it's an emergency - perceived or otherwise - if you insist.

They may leave you sitting in the waiting room until the bitter end but they have to see you.

Every GP Practice in Sunderland is part of the extended hours scheme. Call your practice and tell them you want either a late or weekend appointment. They should accommodate you in one with a very short wait as they're not at capacity.

The doctor MUST see you the same day if it's an emergency - perceived or otherwise - if you insist.

They may leave you sitting in the waiting room until the bitter end but they have to see you.

Absolutely correct - you can also walk into your GP surgery and wait to be seen. Contractually obliged to see you.

Any advice?

When you eventually do get seen, ensure you get referred to the SIMS and not to the hospital. It's the difference of about 12weeks in waiting time for an MRI, assuming they think they need one to diagnose you.

Last edited:

Any advice?

Might not help now, but register for online access to book appts / request meds / view medical record. They’ll release appts that can be booked online without having to ring or go to Surgery

I didn't know that, but I think I need to get in with the GP first. That is the difficult bit

I live in Durham and chose to be referred to Sunderland.

When I phoned GP I couldn’t get in for an appointment for about 6 weeks, so I sent him a letter direct (they have to open it!) asking to be referred to the spinal surgeon at Sunderland hospital. Within 3 weeks I had an appointment with hospital to do all the physio checks I was then booked in for MRI and XRay in November last year. Got the results in January, had my hip replaced this August, don’t be shy, get in there!

My docs operate same system just have to redial a few times at 8.30 and always seen same day usually in the morning - can you not take a half day off as holiday to get an appt ?

Back