Gp surgeries

The NHS is a privilege and responsibility; it's not an entitlement.
It fuckin' is an entitlement. Maybe I shouldn't expect a routine GP appointment within the hour, but I've got one in 16 days time. Boils my piss when I see millions of pounds spent on adverts telling me to 'see your GP' if certain symptoms haven't cleared up within 3 weeks. Aye, right.

The government are entitled to my tax and NI and I'm entitled to a decent level of service. I totally empathise with those who have to endure the 'Call at 8.30am lottery''. I worry for those from the older generation who would never dream of questioning 'The Doctor' and who can't get an appointment within a reasonable period. Piss poor.

And yes, as soon as my problem is resolved, I'm changing surgeries.

I have no issues with the treatment I've received when I've passed through the golden gate and actually been seen by someone. Quite the opposite.

Don't need any more just need staggered shifts in a practice. None of them want to work after 5pm.

Every other week? Used to work 2 half shifts Tuesday and Thursday and a Sunday morning to get a ship out on time.
@Billericay Dichio and @cornish mackem are trolls @ReaL Madras .
1/2 shifts making clinical decisions trying to get people well or stop people dying?
no ?
thought not,
GPS are honestly the hardest working DRs in this country and I’ve seen many of them working

They've been an utter shambles since covid. I was poorly about 6 weeks ago, rang up, they determined over the phone it was viral and that I should ring back if it gets worse.

Last week I rang regarding my 5 week old baby, doctor over the phone determined it sounds like colic, sounds like wasn't good enough for me, so we went to the hospital. Turns out it wasn't colic. Well done to my doctors for being a disgrace.

It fuckin' is an entitlement. Maybe I shouldn't expect a routine GP appointment within the hour, but I've got one in 16 days time. Boils my piss when I see millions of pounds spent on adverts telling me to 'see your GP' if certain symptoms haven't cleared up within 3 weeks. Aye, right.

The government are entitled to my tax and NI and I'm entitled to a decent level of service. I totally empathise with those who have to endure the 'Call at 8.30am lottery''. I worry for those from the older generation who would never dream of questioning 'The Doctor' and who can't get an appointment within a reasonable period. Piss poor.

And yes, as soon as my problem is resolved, I'm changing surgeries.

I have no issues with the treatment I've received when I've passed through the golden gate and actually been seen by someone. Quite the opposite.

The adverts do make me laugh tbh.

Your NHS is open and wants to see you. Guess they never tried making an appointment at my GP

Thats because they're trying to stuff a lot of people into a relatively small time frame.
I appreciate that but I do not believe daytime demand would shift to evening at the rate you appear to believe
They've been an utter shambles since covid. I was poorly about 6 weeks ago, rang up, they determined over the phone it was viral and that I should ring back if it gets worse.

Last week I rang regarding my 5 week old baby, doctor over the phone determined it sounds like colic, sounds like wasn't good enough for me, so we went to the hospital. Turns out it wasn't colic. Well done to my doctors for being a disgrace.

I understand why you’re angry but your anger is at the wrong people.

There is too much demand on their time to see everyone thoroughly, to bring in every child who might just have colic, to bring in everyone who has a bad cold, etc.

This could be solved if we weren’t haemorrhaging GPs, either to retirement, other jobs, the private sector or to other countries.

Successive governments but particularly since 2010, their working conditions have got worse, demand has increased but resource hasn’t.

I know doctors, my best friend is a doctor, I have several friends, colleagues and acquaintances who are doctors, and they don’t go into that profession to not look after people.

Your anger should be directed at a government that will not solve the problem of a lack of GPs.

Why aren't gp's open to see patients face to face. Surely with most people being double jabbed and the Dr's and nurses probably the same I'm baffled as to why it isn't back to nearly normal service.

i called mine the other day. was asked if i needed to see a doctor or if phone would do, i said i'd need to see the doctor they said no bother, how does next wednesday sound and i said thank you very much.

hope this helps

Most of them seem to be on twitter these days promoting their agenda ;)
Ours is always promoting this initiative, that initiative, which are very often what I'd refer to non-essential matters. Looks like box-ticking and presenting themselves as modern. Maybe actually put a system in place whereby you can see sick patients who you are paid to have on your books first?

Then if they don't keep you off work they're not that problematic FFS.

You're either sick or you're not. People whingeing on about not being able to see a doctor when they're not sick enough to be off work is pathetic.

If you're desperate; go to A&E. If not, then just make an appointment along with the thousands of people who also need help.

The sense of entitlement is appalling. We have people on here telling NHS workers how shite they are at their job. No wonder we're losing doctors, nurses and the rest when they get that shit from their customers.

Ultimately, vote for a party that will put more money into the NHS rather than paying them shite wages and letting 40K nurses leave the service.
For example:

I have a bad back. It’s not enough to keep me off work, I work through the pain but need an appointment with my GP for my Naproxine. Fit enough to work but still need to see a GP.

Should i doss it at home when its bad?

For example:

I have a bad back. It’s not enough to keep me off work, I work through the pain but need an appointment with my GP for my Naproxine. Fit enough to work but still need to see a GP.

I think you should sort the route cause out, well if you can that is.

I think you should sort the route cause out, well if you can that is.

Bulged disc resting on the nerve. Only option is operation but I’ve had it for 25 years. When it settles down I’ve no problem and i need to balance that against the horror stories of the damage caused when they go in.

For example:

I don't know if you know this already but you can buy Naproxen online. Think its approx £32 for 56 x 500mg. If you ever go to Spain you can buy it over the counter in any pharmacy. Prices vary and so does the dosage. I bought some in Feb 2020 at 5€ for 28 x 550mg tablets but a mate brought some back from Minorca that were 5€ for 8 x 660mg tablets. I'm off to Malaga & Seville in October so I'll be stocking up whilst I'm there.

I don't know if you know this already but you can buy Naproxen online. Think its approx £32 for 56 x 500mg. If you ever go to Spain you can buy it over the counter in any pharmacy. Prices vary and so does the dosage. I bought some in Feb 2020 at 5€ for 28 x 550mg tablets but a mate brought some back from Minorca that were 5€ for 8 x 660mg tablets. I'm off to Malaga & Seville in October so I'll be stocking up whilst I'm there.
I didn’t know that…….

They keep telling me i need an appointment before they will give me a prescription.

Bulged disc resting on the nerve. Only option is operation but I’ve had it for 25 years. When it settles down I’ve no problem and i need to balance that against the horror stories of the damage caused when they go in.

I had the same, crushed my sciatic nerve, the initial back problem was in 98 then around 10 years ago when I started to get sciatica.
Got a scan and the consultant said he could operate but it had no guarantees and suggested I see if it would naturally heal.

If anything at work was having an effect on it I’d move jobs and I stopped playing football etc.

Then I got treatment called Amatsu after I was waking up every morning in pain, it sorted my back out and would recommend it to anyone.

I will always have a numbness in my toes from the nerve damage but it’s not a particular problem.

Consett medical centre is one of the biggest jokes, can't go in without ringing them but in order to get through on the phone you need to try ringing for around 4 hours to try and catch their phonelines being unengaged, now I know they are busy but 4 hours, ringing every couple of minutes and not once was the line free? This happens every time too not just one occasion. Almost as if the line is switched off purposely and only switched on for lucky people to get through at very specific times.

I feel sorry for old people as they haven't got a chance in hell of getting through and will get turned away at the door if they just turn up.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for old people as they haven't got a chance in hell of getting through and will get turned away at the door if they just turn up.
My Dad, 86, had a persistent bad chest last November and couldn't get an appointment after trying for 3 days in a row. On the fourth day he ended up walking about a mile in the snow to get to the surgery door at 8.30am. He refused to leave until he got an appointment. His complaint against the surgery is ongoing. Odd that he was able to get an appointment in March within an hour. I suspect his record has been flagged. The CQC report on the practice was uncomplimentary about the access to services offered by the practice.

Back