Gp surgeries

Beg to disagree. A lot of them were shirkers before the pandemic. How many on here have managed to get a GP appointment outside of normal working hours I wonder. They should be available until 8pm at night and Saturday mornings to accomodate people who work.

There aren't enough GPs to offer those hours. In an ideal world, yes, but we don't have enough doctors in this country to do that.

Beg to disagree. A lot of them were shirkers before the pandemic. How many on here have managed to get a GP appointment outside of normal working hours I wonder. They should be available until 8pm at night and Saturday mornings to accomodate people who work.
You need to take that up with the government if you want more of an extended service
We do 1 late session with a gp and a nurse every other week as that’s what’s commissioned and 1 Saturday morning per month with 1 Dr and a nurse.
out of hrs is commissioned elsewhere

There are many things you need to see a doctor about that wouldn’t keep you off work mind. Ridiculous thing to say.

Then if they don't keep you off work they're not that problematic FFS.

You're either sick or you're not. People whingeing on about not being able to see a doctor when they're not sick enough to be off work is pathetic.

If you're desperate; go to A&E. If not, then just make an appointment along with the thousands of people who also need help.

The sense of entitlement is appalling. We have people on here telling NHS workers how shite they are at their job. No wonder we're losing doctors, nurses and the rest when they get that shit from their customers.

Ultimately, vote for a party that will put more money into the NHS rather than paying them shite wages and letting 40K nurses leave the service.

I rang 132 times ten days ago before getting through. I was told a gp would ring me back but would only ring three times and if I didn’t answer that was that.
He rang back at 4pm. I got in to see him five days later.
I was talking to a receptionist at my surgery at a party. She said if the GP’s get their way it will never get back to normal. She said GPs woukd rather work from home and do not want to work from the surgery.
If they work from home their working day which consists of telephone consultations, last four hours max.
They are pushing for extra payments for telephone consultations and for some bizarre reason will get paid more for these than face to face consultations.
The world has gone mad.

What about if you have a cancer symptom? That may not keep you off work.

See previous posts about cancer. Lots of things may not keep you off work. In case you hadn't noticed we've had two years of COVID and the NHS is fucked because the government (for the last TEN FECKING YEARS) has not put money into the system. We're short doctors, nurses and support staff because the Tory government (for 10+ years) has decided not to address the situation and decided to make it worse because of Brexit.

Yet people blame the GPs (lets forget the wonderful Thursday night clapping) and not the people in charge of the system.

This is not the fault of the GPs - this is the fault of the fecking Tory Government. Take it out on them. Vote anyone else but Tory next time.

What about if you have a cancer symptom? That may not keep you off work.
@Billericay Dichio thinks you’re self entitled if you expect treatment. As he said earlier, if you don’t like, pay to go private.

It’s apparently showing self entitlement for @BumbleBee to complain about waiting 4 years for a hip replacement. Again, if you don’t like it, just go private (I’d imagine with rehab and follow up appointments that would cost somewhere in the region of £15k after the initial £10k+ for the surgery).

@Billericay Dichio thinks you’re self entitled if you expect treatment. As he said earlier, if you don’t like, pay to go private.

It’s apparently showing self entitlement for @BumbleBee to complain about waiting 4 years for a hip replacement. Again, if you don’t like it, just go private (I’d imagine with rehab and follow up appointments that would cost somewhere in the region of £15k after the initial £10k+ for the surgery).

In case you hadn't noticed...

135K deaths in the UK due to COVID.

230+ NHS workers died due to COVID,

Hello - people are dying in their thousands because of COVID. Those queuing at hospitals, trying to get in and onto a ventilator because of COVID are desperate.

Hey Baloo - are you happy for those people to die so people with a pre-COVID condition can be treated? People who won't die because of their conditions?

Are you content to allow desperate people to die so those with medically non-urgent conditions can be treated?

Hope you never get anywhere near a caring profession.

Then if they don't keep you off work they're not that problematic FFS.

You're either sick or you're not. People whingeing on about not being able to see a doctor when they're not sick enough to be off work is pathetic.

If you're desperate; go to A&E. If not, then just make an appointment along with the thousands of people who also need help.

The sense of entitlement is appalling. We have people on here telling NHS workers how shite they are at their job. No wonder we're losing doctors, nurses and the rest when they get that shit from their customers.

Ultimately, vote for a party that will put more money into the NHS rather than paying them shite wages and letting 40K nurses leave the service.
Complete and utter horseshit.

I rang 132 times ten days ago before getting through. I was told a gp would ring me back but would only ring three times and if I didn’t answer that was that.
He rang back at 4pm. I got in to see him five days later.
I was talking to a receptionist at my surgery at a party. She said if the GP’s get their way it will never get back to normal. She said GPs woukd rather work from home and do not want to work from the surgery.
If they work from home their working day which consists of telephone consultations, last four hours max.
They are pushing for extra payments for telephone consultations and for some bizarre reason will get paid more for these than face to face consultations.
The world has gone mad.
So you believe gossip from a receptionist??

Im a GP and cant wait to get back to face to face - it doesn’t save time doing telephone consults and unless things have changed finance wise you don’t get paid extra for telephone calls.

I work 8-30 to 5-30 4 days a week then look after a couple of care home the other day of the week.

The UK GP service is on its knees and the main reason I left is seen in a few posts here. Absolutely zero respect or understanding and if you want a service like a drive through McDonalds so it doesn’t inconvenience you then that’s what you are going to end up with

In case you hadn't noticed...

135K deaths in the UK due to COVID.

230+ NHS workers died due to COVID,

Hello - people are dying in their thousands because of COVID. Those queuing at hospitals, trying to get in and onto a ventilator because of COVID are desperate.

Hey Baloo - are you happy for those people to die so people with a pre-COVID condition can be treated? People who won't die because of their conditions?

Are you content to allow desperate people to die so those with medically non-urgent conditions can be treated?

Hope you never get anywhere near a caring profession.
What are you bleating on about? GPs aren’t (or at least shouldn’t) be dealing with Covid cases where people should be in hospital and on a ventilator.

I’m in the emergency services and my wife (a doctor) has worked throughout this, so I’m well aware of staff deaths.

I’m obviously not happy that people have died. As you have such a sick and twisted way of thinking, I can only assume then you’re happy that my Aunty died in agony due to not receiving correct pain medication for a missed cancer diagnosis? That will have been fine though, because although it has nothing to do with a GP, someone on ITU was being treated by a nurse.

Are you happy for people to not be seen by GPs so people like my family friend can be fobbed off and told they have long Covid then being told they have 2 months to live (again due to a missed cancer diagnosis)? This will have been fine as well, as, again in a completely unrelated setting, another patient was put on a ventilator in a hospital.

Complete and utter horseshit.

And yet. People who are GPs post on here and back me up. The entitled generation whinge on because they can't get a GP like they can get a Deliveroo. It's pathetic.
What are you bleating on about? GPs aren’t (or at least shouldn’t) be dealing with Covid cases where people should be in hospital and on a ventilator.

I’m in the emergency services and my wife (a doctor) has worked throughout this, so I’m well aware of staff deaths.

I’m obviously not happy that people have died. As you have such a sick and twisted way of thinking, I can only assume then you’re happy that my Aunty died in agony due to not receiving correct pain medication for a missed cancer diagnosis? That will have been fine though, because although it has nothing to do with a GP, someone on ITU was being treated by a nurse.

Are you happy for people to not be seen by GPs so people like my family friend can be fobbed off and told they have long Covid then being told they have 2 months to live (again due to a missed cancer diagnosis)? This will have been fine as well, as, again in a completely unrelated setting, another patient was put on a ventilator in a hospital.

See below.

I think you need counselling m8. I never said any of that. I'm sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
And yet. People who are GPs post on here and back me up. The entitled generation whinge on because they can't get a GP like they can get a Deliveroo. It's pathetic.

See below.

I think you need counselling m8. I never said any of that. I'm sorry for your loss.
are you happy for those people to die so people with a pre-COVID condition can be treated?

Both of the examples I gave are of people who were treated as if they had non urgent conditions. Thats my point. If they had been seen by a GP and been referred for tests & had bloods taken, both would at least have had a far better quality of life with an earlier diagnosis. Instead for both it was after trips to A&E that they were eventually diagnosed.

I know that what you’re going to say, they should have been able to afford to go private…

Edit: if you see my first post on this thread, you’ll see that my personal experience of GPs over the past 18 months has been excellent.

Last edited:
I don't think people are expecting that but for months last year all medical attention was vastly reduced or at best implied not to bother them. I'm starting to hear around here a lot of similar stuff, ie delays resulting in really bad outcomes This is not good and its nothing to do with funding nor Brexit its entirely down to last year.

OK.

Let me re-phrase it.

The COVID crisis has caused misery for millions and needs addressing.

It is a problem that needs solving.

It is not a problem caused by GPs or nurses or the NHS in general. Any one who blames them is missing the point completely

We are in a war-time situation that needs addressing by our Government and by the populace in general.

We need to throw money (taxes) and people (recruit those nurses, doctors, build those hospitals) at the problem.

If we (the people and therefore the Government we vote for) do this then we may be able to solve the problem.

If we just complain about getting an appointment with a GP we're part of the problem.

The NHS is a privilege and responsibility; it's not an entitlement.

Abuse it and we'll lose it.

There aren't enough GPs to offer those hours. In an ideal world, yes, but we don't have enough doctors in this country to do that.

Don't need any more just need staggered shifts in a practice. None of them want to work after 5pm.
You need to take that up with the government if you want more of an extended service
We do 1 late session with a gp and a nurse every other week as that’s what’s commissioned and 1 Saturday morning per month with 1 Dr and a nurse.
out of hrs is commissioned elsewhere

Every other week? Used to work 2 half shifts Tuesday and Thursday and a Sunday morning to get a ship out on time.
@Billericay Dichio and @cornish mackem are trolls @ReaL Madras .

Last edited:

Back