Government to turn sentencing into reality TV

for more info

It's not the full trial, just the actual passing of the sentence by the judge and their remarks on the case at that moment.

No one else is allowed on camera it would appear.

Although I'm struggling to see why its happening at all tbh

Last edited:
They have this in the US don't they?
They have full cases on camera in the U.S

This would just be the sentence being passed. I think its just so news crews can use the footage of the verdicts tbh. Its not even done live.

I can't see any other reason for it happening
thin end of the wedge

only a small step from Rylan presenting Sentencing's Little Sentence on More 4 where former convicts and b rate celebrities discuss their views on the days court proceedings
:lol:

thin end of the wedge

only a small step from Rylan presenting Sentencing's Little Sentence on More 4 where former convicts and b rate celebrities discuss their views on the days court proceedings
And i'm a celebrity get me out of here prison breaks from Cat A nicks.

Been happening in Scotland for 30 years. Any particular problems there?

Seems like summat made for 24 hour news channels mind. "And we cross live to the Old Bailey where Judge Cholmondley-Warner is just about to pass sentence..."

Seems like summat made for 24 hour news channels mind. "And we cross live to the Old Bailey where Judge Cholmondley-Warner is just about to pass sentence..."

Particularly high profile sentencing to be moved to 6pm so it's shown on BBC1 with stories of high local interest having sentencing at 6:30 for the local news?

All I can imagine it being used for.

Back