Gout

Yes bud, just waiting for my first lot. Does it work?
Definitely takes a couple of weeks to work properly though and can sometimes initially make it worse for a couple of days only sometimes mind , then one a day for ever and it’ll not come back!

Definitely takes a couple of weeks to work properly though and can sometimes initially make it worse for a couple of days only sometimes mind , then one a day for ever and it’ll not come back!
Can't wait for this particular stage! Had gout for five years, worst pain I've known. Ta man, fingers crossed

Gout has absolutely knackered all my joints in my right leg. Waiting on an operation to sort it all out. It's an absolute bastard of a disease.

I know I prob drink too much which wont help at all but mines massively triggered by stress/mood.
Gone thru a load of shit at work last month, allupirinol seemed to have kept it to a very low dull pain, knew it was there but them boom overnight couldnt sleep and my ankle is fucked - not looking forward to walk back and forwards to ground from town today

It’s really painful, mine started in my knee then feet and toes hurts like a bastard
It's rank mind. I get it in my feet and it leaves me bedridden for days. I've described it on here as someone repeatedly slamming my foot in a car door

Currently in agony, a very rare flare up in my right ankle (inside and towards the achilles)
Got some Colchicine online from Superdrug which cost a fortune for 12 tablets and 24 hours in I'm getting the almighty lava shits. Hope it works as its now 6:50am and I've not had a wink of sleep. Could bloody cry with it!

Not a huge recent change of diet but I've eaten a bit more red meat than usual last couple of weeks and I've had a canny bit of stress lately.

Wouldn't wish this get on anyone.

Currently in agony, a very rare flare up in my right ankle (inside and towards the achilles)
Got some Colchicine online from Superdrug which cost a fortune for 12 tablets and 24 hours in I'm getting the almighty lava shits. Hope it works as its now 6:50am and I've not had a wink of sleep. Could bloody cry with it!

Not a huge recent change of diet but I've eaten a bit more red meat than usual last couple of weeks and I've had a canny bit of stress lately.

Worst pain in the world mate, I ended up in hospital a month ago, ‘acute gout’ they called it, started in the toe then moved onto the ankle.
Colchine and the shits to move it on, now aluprinol for ever

You need to go on Allopurinol for life, even if you only get rare flare ups. Keeps the uric acid amounts down. I still get flare ups on it but they seemingly only last a day where it was 7.

I had a major flare-up in both toes in the US, had to pay a fortune for Colchicine, and went through hell for about 5 days while it got to work. Couldn't do anything, same sort of experience as you've described, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Then I knocked my knee and that swelled up as well, so then in acute pain with that too. No pain-killers, and it was not a nice area we were in, so coiudn't ask my wife to go for pain-killers. Only relief was a cold bath, I was in and out of it all night. Horrible experience, but it made me sort my life out, lost about 4 stones, ate better, don't eat much red meat anymore, I prefer fish and chicken now anyway, but still have it if I really fancy it. Touch-wood haven't had a recurrence since then (2012). Haven't needed medication either which was a bonus. Hope you get sorted out, I feel your pain. Good luck.

Colciccini when you’ve actually got gout, allopurinol to keep it at bay.
I had a heart attack a few years ago, didn’t come anywhere near to the pain of a good dose of gout.
Its colchicine mate , hope you havent been swallowing italian centre backs by mistake . Mind a bad dose of gout youd do anything 😄

I had a full on attack of it on my big toe, where I think I also have early bunion formations so ignored minor soreness for ages. It never occurred to me it might be gout, because I had things on both big toes originally, now I have something on just one and I didn't realise the other had gone until I checked it when I succumbed to gout. Colchicine sorted it nearly then the rest went away, but it is absolutely crippling when it hurts.

Just experiencing a mini attack of gout in big toe, not a regular think for me, only other time was 8 years ago!

The doctor has given me Colchicine, only 3 days worth, does this normally get rid of it in 3 days ? ( hope so but not convinced😁)

Normally have decent diet but think the trigger may have been a load of different food ( squid, pork, lamb, cheese, juices) when on holiday last week, also some dehydration

Just experiencing a mini attack of gout in big toe, not a regular think for me, only other time was 8 years ago!

The doctor has given me Colchicine, only 3 days worth, does this normally get rid of it in 3 days ? ( hope so but not convinced😁)

Normally have decent diet but think the trigger may have been a load of different food ( squid, pork, lamb, cheese, juices) when on holiday last week, also some dehydration
Yes, colchicine works for me in 3 days. 💩

Yes, colchicine works for me in 3 days. 💩
Just found a bottle of it from 1999.

It the gout goes stop taking them, if you start to throw up stop taking them.

Definitely can take the edge off in a few days, if it gets worse though, get on the phone to the doctors straight away. Naproxen needed as well.

I just saw my result on my NHS account. From a test taken 6 weeks after the flare up my reading was 477. Odd thing is my foot is better now than before the gout flare.

Back