Gout

No one had it for a while ? It’s 14 months since my last episode but it’s back. In my elbow. Absolute agony. I’m not supposed to take them but I’ve had to resort to a double dose of 500mg of naproxen.
I will also have 2 litres of cherry juice today in the hope I get some relief.
It’s fish and chip shop of the year week and I’m hosting all week so this couldn’t have come at a worse time.
The only thing changed in my diet is I’ve been drinking lots of lemon and ginger tea and that is actually supposed to be a good gout suppressant.
How did it go in the end? Did the cherry juice speed up the recovery?

How did it go in the end? Did the cherry juice speed up the recovery?
Still got a slight twinge but not painful. I’m sure the cherry juice helps. I didn’t have any more naproxen but continued on the cherry juice. I’m having a glass every day. I Hope Diggers is out of hospital !!

Still here unfortunately 👍
I feel for you. People lucky enough to have never had it can’t really grasp how debilitating it can be.
A mate who lives in Spain is super fit , eats well hardly drinks but suffered so badly it ruined his life. He’s been prescribed Etoricixib and has never been better. He reckons he’s cured and sending me some over.

I feel for you. People lucky enough to have never had it can’t really grasp how debilitating it can be.
A mate who lives in Spain is super fit , eats well hardly drinks but suffered so badly it ruined his life. He’s been prescribed Etoricixib and has never been better. He reckons he’s cured and sending me some over.
My lifestyle over last few months probably contributed to it. I first had arthritis after banging my foot years ago. Drove other week and Achilles was killing after trainer digging in then just escalated from there.

My lifestyle over last few months probably contributed to it. I first had arthritis after banging my foot years ago. Drove other week and Achilles was killing after trainer digging in then just escalated from there.
Mental isnt it.
Ive been cutting back on the drink, and I take allopurinol daily but still feel it occasionally - touch wood seems to stop it getting out of hand.
How come your in hosp? That must be pretty bad

Mental isnt it.
Ive been cutting back on the drink, and I take allopurinol daily but still feel it occasionally - touch wood seems to stop it getting out of hand.
How come your in hosp? That must be pretty bad
One ankle went then other as was overcompensated on that. Crawled to bog on hands and knees. Then both knees went. My hand and elbow. Was on sofa 7 days without moving. GP insisted I went. 111 waste of time and didn’t want to know.

Well after not having it since all of my surgery it's come back this morning and in a new place...My little toe so at the moment it's not to bad but I can see it making an appearance somewhere else

Back