Gordon Ramsey's £23 steak and chips

Customer not happy. Can't say I blame him mind

Logon or register to see this image
It’s daft but you know what you’re getting there. If he wants a wass steak and doesn’t want to be charged over the odds then gan to weatherspoons.

I bought my son 3 sirloin steaks from ASDA. 3 for a tenner.
They were decent steaks.
He likes them medium rare.
He absolutely loved them over the 3 days he had them and he said to me. "you know, dad, I went out with J ( his girlfriend) and paid 25 quid for two steak meals.
I've had these 3 and they beat it hands down."

Staying in the Trust House Forte in Glasgow I ordered a steak and wasn't asked about any side etc so I assumed it must just come with a selection.

When it turned up it was just like the steak on the left, with nothing else on the plate.
When I complained I was told that I hadn't asked for anything else, so that's what I got.
They could only do chips, but i'd be 10 minutes.

They then asked where the other party was as I'd booked a table for me and a colleague.
I told them that his train was delayed so he wouldn't be coming.

That caused them to tell me that I'd have to pay for the empty seat as I'd booked it, so I pointed out:

1 The place is empty, and I can see why
2 You wouldn't sit any random stranger there anyway
3 What exactly do you think my colleague would have ordered

I went to the offy round the corner, got a few cans and watched the footy in my room. I'd normally sit in the bar.
Never went back and I explained all of this to the duty manager on my way out.
I also cancelled the 10 rooms we'd booked the following week while I was ranting.

They were decent steaks.
He absolutely loved them over the 3 days he had them and he said to me. "you know, dad, I went out with J ( his girlfriend) and paid 25 quid for two steak meals.
Lovely story but as you are a mag I hope you get loads of junk mail tomorrow and get a paper cut from one of them.

They were decent steaks.
Did he mention J (his girlfriend) piped him off on the way home?

Few years ago we stayed at a nice hotel in the Lake District for a couple of nights. One night we treated ourselves to the posh restaurant. £49 each for three courses. I ordered the lamb as main course. It was 5 pieces of lamb, each of them 1 inch square and about 1/8th inch thick. They were arranged on a small bed of mash with some "jus" - nowt else. I looked at the waiter and asked "What's this". "It's fine dining sir". "You're having a laugh". "Certainly not sir"

What made it worse was that the missus ordered the salmon and that was proper portion with new potatoes.

Never again.

Few years ago we stayed at a nice hotel in the Lake District for a couple of nights. One night we treated ourselves to the posh restaurant. £49 each for three courses. I ordered the lamb as main course. It was 5 pieces of lamb, each of them 1 inch square and about 1/8th inch thick. They were arranged on a small bed of mash with some "jus" - nowt else. I looked at the waiter and asked "What's this". "It's fine dining sir". "You're having a laugh". "Certainly not sir"

What made it worse was that the missus ordered the salmon and that was proper portion with new potatoes.

Never again.
The Lake District is a rip off for everything. They arent even nice about it.

Back